Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi Chau;

We're still decoding all the various wiring harness types for each model, so it's a bit early in the process for me to be able to assure you that you can remove all of the pumps and valves. My first reaction is probably not, but I'll post more info here as things progress.

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Please see my original post on this subject - we've just dropped our price on Ebay to $99.00 per kit. $10 rebate still available for members of TundraSolutions. Limited time offer!!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
So,,, I do not have the AIP problem yet,, but travel alot, with your kit if I had problems develop on the road could I then install the kit and keep on truckin?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Not sure how to best answer that other than to say use your best judgement. There are conditions with the secondary air system that none of the current kits can bypass, and not every vehicle will experience an issue with the AIP system.

That said, it might be nice to have in the glove compartment. Even if your system is under warranty, it might at least allow you to get back to the dealer without being stuck in limp mode in a pinch...

·
Premium Member
5,456 Posts
So,,, I do not have the AIP problem yet,, but travel alot, with your kit if I had problems develop on the road could I then install the kit and keep on truckin?
The current bypass kits can prevent an AIP problem but will not necessarily fix an existing problem.
Your best bet is to install Dave's kit before something goes wrong!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Sounds like it,, I have 76,000 miles or so on my 2008 and should still be covered till 10 years or 150,000 correct? If I install this kit can Toyota tell in the future that it has been used?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The kit itself takes only a few seconds to install - it plugs into the MAF harness, which is readily accessible. The exhaust block-off plates are another story. If the secondary air valves were to stick open for any reason, the exhaust block-offs are an absolute must to install, and they're not the easiest things in the world to get to (not all that difficult either).

Once you've taken your vehicle in for service of the secondary air system, the bypass kits currently available will no longer function. During warranty repair of these systems under the new 150,000 miles / 10 year program, the computer is re-programmed to run the secondary air pumps at every shutdown. The current modules are not designed to handle this.

·
Registered
356 Posts
If I run the kit now including the block off plates and take everything off later to sell the truck would there be any trace of the kit being used in the trucks "memory"

Learning alot here and thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
No, to the best of my knowledge, there's nothing in the computer that tracks how many times the secondary air system is initiated. It would have no value to the operation of the car, so there'd be no reason to log this. All the bypass does is tell your cars computer that the outside air temperature is lower than the minimum temperature that the pumps would turn on at. It is only in the circuit for 12-15 seconds immediately upon turning on the ignition switch. After that time expires, the module is completely out of the circuit. Without this timing mechanism, your computer would always be thinking the ambient air temperature was incorrect, and it would then improperly adjust the fuel flow, causing a too rich/lean condition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Georgia Dave,

How long will you sale go for? I have had my air induction system replace twice by Toyota at no Charge. Once at 50,000 mile mark and now at 94,000 it went again. Thinking of buying your product this Friday when paycheck comes. Still have a kit left at $99.00 on Friday the 6th?

Thanks,

Chris (Ohio)

·
Forum Admin
8,219 Posts
Dave,
I took advantage of the price break,\ and I gotta tell ya, the module works great! :tu: Although I only get the stuck-closed CEL during winter months, my AIP makes a diesel engine like buzz/ringing sound every start-up for 10-20 seconds; which sounds awful coming from my Tundra. Not anymore with the bypass installed. Absolutely perfect and exactly what I wanted. I'm 1 week and 1,000 miles on this thing and it's flawless.
Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
97 Posts
My sister got this replaced for free. Toyota has increased the mileage that this part is covered for.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Jokerswild;

The bypass kits available will not function on the 2012 FlexFuel model - I've been told by my local Toyota service tech that these models have the latest 'flash' on the ECM, so it runs the bypass pumps at both startup and shutdown. The bypass kits only bypass the system at startup, so if you wind up with an issue on the AIP system, it will showup when the engine shuts down.

·
Forum Admin
8,219 Posts
My sister got this replaced for free. Toyota has increased the mileage that this part is covered for.
The service by Toyota is currently only for 2007 and up. It's unfortunate they started using the secondary air injection pumps in 2005 and Toyota doesn't acknowledge the failures in model years '05/'06.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Special end of summer sale - see my original post on this thread for complete details. Normally $179.00, now just $139.00 for August 2014. Members of this board still can receive an additional $10 discount, see my OP for more information.

Thanks!

21 - 40 of 56 Posts