Toyota Tundra Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dave

Glad I could be a part of the design with the longer cable on the MAF side! This module is still working flawless! I have a guy that was telling me yesterday he just got a CEL for the same issue. I am sending him to your ebay ad. Thanks again!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Folks, as of midnight tonight (Sept 31st), I'm out of the AIP Bypass module business. Another outfit is taking over where I left off - same design as mine, and based on my knowledge of their capabilities, quality is always at the top of their list. I'll update this thread with links to their Ebay ads as soon as they're posted.

I'm involved in numerous other business ventures (I currently own three small corporations) that take up more time than I have left in the day. The wife is getting tired of my late nights and crazy working schedule, so something had to give.

Many thanks to all members who've purchased from me - I'm not going anywhere, if you were to have any issues, I'm still standing behind my product, no worries!

Update 10/1/2014 - the new vendor kits are now on Ebay:

4.7L -> Toyota 4 7L Air Induction Pump Bypass Kit Exhaust Port Plates No Cutting | eBay
5.7L -> Toyota 5 7L Air Induction Pump Bypass Kit Exhaust Port Plates No Cutting | eBay

Since the vendor is new to Ebay, there are some limitations as to how many he can sell in a given period. I will continue to update the links as they change. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
New vendor saying hello!

Just thought I would drop a line and say thanks to GeorgiaDave for the opportunity to take over his AIP bypass kit. I have teamed up with my father Mark who is a mechanical engineer with over 30 years of expertise. We will be manufacturing the same API bypass kit while keeping the same high quality that GeorgiaDave produced. The great news is GeorgiaDave is still standing behind the kit he has developed. We are offering the same plug in unit with, NO CUTTING WIRES and NO SOLDERING!

So if you've got a late model 4.7L or 5.7L engine, you're probably aware of the issues with the AIP failures, and the over the top dealer costs to get this issue fixed. There's plenty of information on the forum related to this topic and the AIP bypass module kit. Also there are a few other choices out there that do require a little more work and expertise, but I urge you to do your research on what will work for you. Either way, it's FAR less expensive than what your dealer will charge. Of course, anything that bypasses federally mandated emissions system can't be used on vehicles on public roads.

You can find links to the AIP Bypass Kit on GeorgiaDave’s original post.

Thanks! TMR170

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can't be the only one... What the heck is an AIP BYPASS MODULE KIT and why would I need one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
New vendor saying hello!

Just thought I would drop a line and say thanks to GeorgiaDave for the opportunity to take over his AIP bypass kit. I have teamed up with my father Mark who is a mechanical engineer with over 30 years of expertise. We will be manufacturing the same API bypass kit while keeping the same high quality that GeorgiaDave produced. The great news is GeorgiaDave is still standing behind the kit he has developed. We are offering the same plug in unit with, NO CUTTING WIRES and NO SOLDERING!

So if you've got a late model 4.7L or 5.7L engine, you're probably aware of the issues with the AIP failures, and the over the top dealer costs to get this issue fixed. There's plenty of information on the forum related to this topic and the AIP bypass module kit. Also there are a few other choices out there that do require a little more work and expertise, but I urge you to do your research on what will work for you. Either way, it's FAR less expensive than what your dealer will charge. Of course, anything that bypasses federally mandated emissions system can't be used on vehicles on public roads.

You can find links to the AIP Bypass Kit on GeorgiaDave’s original post.

Thanks! TMR170
Any option for a Christmas sale price on these :)

·
Premium Member
5,456 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok got a question.

If someone had the 'cutting wires' bypass and wanted to install this version, what is the process?

Can anyone verify in CA, if there are any users here from CA, that smog test can be passed?

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
dtt255;

I responded to your PM earlier, however I thought it might be useful to post some info publicly.

I would 'not' recommend removing the wired in module, unless it was just not functioning. Speaking from experience, don't judge 'not functioning' based on a check engine light that is related to the AIP bypass system. There are numerous codes that can occur that none of the kits on the market can bypass.

Paul's kit (I assume this is the one you have) and the one I designed do basically the exact some thing. Most likely in different manners, but regardless, both modules on the market, and the DIY version all bypass the same codes. If you've got Paul's kit installed, and you're not having issues, I'm not sure it's worth the effort of de-soldering everything. If you were to do this, it should be kind of a no-brainer to figure it out - just put the factory wires back in their original locations, but make sure you do a good job on the soldering side, and definitely either use shrinkable Teflon tubing, or a good quality electrical tape to put back over the soldered joints. Having these exposed to the atmosphere is definitely not a good thing - too much risk for shorts and degradation of the original wiring.

I certainly can't speak to the emissions issues, perhaps Paul would be happy to answer that though - you can PM him here on this site. His user name is psxp.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I just completed the installation of this bypass module in my 2005 Sequoia, which had the P2440 code. The module was shipped very quickly; I received it via USPS in just two days. I even got the $10 rebate for being a tundrasolutions.com member!

When I got the error code (and the subsequent limp mode), I could first hear the vacuum-pump sound and then hear a change in the exhaust tone, so I knew that I would need to install the block-off plates to close the stuck-open valve.

I am pleased to say that this bypass module works great, and was easy to install. The installation of the electronic module itself was simply plug and play, with an extra minute or two spent coiling up the factory harness so the installation will appear stock.

Installing the block-off plates was the more difficult and time-consuming part of the installation, because it wasn't easy to see or access the inboard nuts on the tubes. Fortunately the studs weren't rusted, so I didn't need any penetrating oil. I needed to use a small breaker bar on my 1/4" ratchet and 10mm deep socket to apply enough torque to the nuts, and I used a small baseboard pry bar to separate the tubes enough to slide in the block-off plates from the bottom. I did all of the work from the top of the engine bay.

I would like to extend a big thanks to this community and the ingenious members who took the time and effort to build and make available to the rest of us an affordable, high-quality solution to the unreliable SAIP system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I purchased this one which is now made by someone else and it cleared the P2440 code but now I am getting a P011B code, I have a strong feeling its related to the new plug and go part. The new vendor hasn't replyed to my second message to him and am fixing to pull it out and send it back. I didn't want to splice wires but I definitely am not spending 3k on the repair that I feel should be under warranty.

Anyone else out there get the P011B code after install? Any work-arounds?

Trucks - 2011 5.7L

Thanks
Kenny

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just completed the installation of this bypass module in my 2005 Sequoia, which had the P2440 code. The module was shipped very quickly; I received it via USPS in just two days. I even got the $10 rebate for being a tundrasolutions.com member!

When I got the error code (and the subsequent limp mode), I could first hear the vacuum-pump sound and then hear a change in the exhaust tone, so I knew that I would need to install the block-off plates to close the stuck-open valve.

I am pleased to say that this bypass module works great, and was easy to install. The installation of the electronic module itself was simply plug and play, with an extra minute or two spent coiling up the factory harness so the installation will appear stock.

Installing the block-off plates was the more difficult and time-consuming part of the installation, because it wasn't easy to see or access the inboard nuts on the tubes. Fortunately the studs weren't rusted, so I didn't need any penetrating oil. I needed to use a small breaker bar on my 1/4" ratchet and 10mm deep socket to apply enough torque to the nuts, and I used a small baseboard pry bar to separate the tubes enough to slide in the block-off plates from the bottom. I did all of the work from the top of the engine bay.

I would like to extend a big thanks to this community and the ingenious members who took the time and effort to build and make available to the rest of us an affordable, high-quality solution to the unreliable SAIP system.
same...i have no clue whats going on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I purchased this one which is now made by someone else and it cleared the P2440 code but now I am getting a P011B code, I have a strong feeling its related to the new plug and go part. The new vendor hasn't replyed to my second message to him and am fixing to pull it out and send it back. I didn't want to splice wires but I definitely am not spending 3k on the repair that I feel should be under warranty.

Anyone else out there get the P011B code after install? Any work-arounds?

Trucks - 2011 5.7L

Thanks
Kenny
Yes, I am also getting the P011B code with the plug-and-play kit installed just 6 months ago. I have replaced my engine temp coolant sensor two times and my MAF sensor once since getting the codes, every time with a Toyota OEM part, every time reset the computer, and every few start-ups the code keeps coming back. Do you, Georgia Dave, or anyone else have any clue to how to permanently fix this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Georgia Dave,

Do you still sell these? If so, do you have one that would work for a 2012 V8 4.6L? I am getting the p2440 CEL and dealer wants over 4K to fix.

Thanks
Josh

·
Registered
769 Posts
Josh,
Georgia Dave hasn't been on here in almost 2 years, he handed all his stuff over to someone else who makes and sells it now.
While he may list his units up to the 2012 years they are not compatible with any of them after 2008 because the p011b code in warm weather.
If you put one of our "wired" V36W or "plug and play" V36H units for a 2005-2007 on a 2008-2012 vehicle you would get the same P011b in the warm weather.
This is why we specifically developed our V52H kit for the 2008-2012 vehicles. It will take care of all the same codes and not cause the P011B code.
We can also take care of many more trouble codes when combined with our kit addon products as well.
If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call toll free.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts