Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Fat Bob's Garage 3/1 leveling kit. Obviously the front spacer isn't a true 3 inches. I'm considering going with a bigger lift (4.5-6in at least) and decided to measure the front and rear. Never bothered doing so in the entire 3 months I've had the truck or the leveling kit.

The top of outer front wheel well is 39.5in from the ground and the rear is 41.5in from the ground.

SUNNUVABEECH! 2 inches difference!

Should I be bothered or am I measuring wrong? Should I be measuring the difference between the top of the tire to the edge of the wheel well/fender?

:confused:

If this is all true as I have measured, I may not even need to bother with a bigger lift....I can just true up the front with the rear. Maybe I will simply get the 3.5in spindle from CST or a coilover.

Thoughts???

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
You'll find most "level lifts" aren't so level. I definitely don't think you got a true 3" kit i got a Toytec 2.5" and from ground to fender my front is 39.3" the back is 42" (w/1" rear blocks). However believe it or not most Tundra's don't come from the factory with the same height, i believe the TRD models have a little less rake than the non-TRD models. I guess if you want a level truck take the rear block out.

On another note, if you tow or haul anything id leave it as is, if your trucks at the same front and rear height and you put any weight in the back the truck looks stupid going down the road nose up.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
who says the fender wells are level? i doubt they are...they are designed for asthetics....if u obsess over a tape measure and try to make it level that way its going to look nose high no matter what... if you really want to get it "level" then measure or put a level on a frame rail or something, thats as close as u are going to get....

·
Registered
519 Posts
I had the same lift w/o the rear block and mine sat pretty darn level. If you are worried about sag when you pull a trailer get you some airbags. I pull a 27' travel trailer and with bags you can level everything out perfect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts