Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this up the other day and it definitely holds a lot of crap. The only thing that pisses me off is why Toyota didn't just include this as a stock item. You would think that a truck costing $30k+ would have this as standard equipment. I could have done without the removable ashtray.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Just picked this up the other day and it definitely holds a lot of crap. The only thing that pisses me off is why Toyota didn't just include this as a stock item. You would think that a truck costing $30k+ would have this as standard equipment. I could have done without the removable ashtray.

is this a option when you have the jbl subs under the seat???

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is this a option when you have the jbl subs under the seat???
From what i've read here on the forum NO, you can't use the current storage bin if you have the JBL system.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My underseat storage bins say "Rubbermaid" on them. A bin under each seat, total $15. That's compared to the Tundra storage unit for $125.

·
Registered
595 Posts
My underseat storage bins say "Rubbermaid" on them. A bin under each seat, total $15. That's compared to the Tundra storage unit for $125.
What keeps your bins from sliding around in the truck?

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Where did you get them? I've looked at Target and Walmart and couldn't find any that would fit.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Lowes or Home Depo is a good place to look for various sizes of sterilite and rubbermaid storage bins. I ordered my under seat storage unit from Tundra Parts Store. Dealer wanted $129. I think I paid $79. Fits like a champ. 5 min install. Don't need an external tool box now. It has felt lining around the contact points so no rattles. Holds volumes of stuff.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
What keeps your bins from sliding around in the truck?

I did the Rubbermaid trick too. The weight of whats in them and the carpet itself keep it from going anywhere. That and the fact that the seat touches the top of the bin kind of holding it tight in there.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did the Rubbermaid trick too. The weight of whats in them and the carpet itself keep it from going anywhere. That and the fact that the seat touches the top of the bin kind of holding it tight in there.
You guys kill me. You spend $30k+ on a new truck and then you won't spend $80 on a quality storage unit that is made for the truck.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just a repost from another thread where this is being discussed...:tu:

I sent an e-mail to these guys and they said they are putting the finishing touches on a storage unit that will work with the sub. It also seems to be a bit better design on the whole than the factory version, so this is my planned "eventual" solution.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
My truck came with the underseat storage (no JBL sounds). I asked the dealer about this when I ordered the truck because its $40 from the factory and ~$120 as a "port" installed option. He told me this is because of the labor involved in removing the rear seats to install the sotrage bins (yes, there are two, one under the 60 and another under the 40 of the seat split). I tried to weasel one of them out and couldn't do it, so I'm assuming that the only way to get it out (or in) is to remove the rear seat.

They are just plastic coated styrofoam. I was kinda disappointed, but also glad I didn't spend 120 on them. I can live with $40. I'll take some pics tomorrow. I haven't posted a single pic of my truck and I've had it a whole three days already!:D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My truck came with the underseat storage (no JBL sounds). I asked the dealer about this when I ordered the truck because its $40 from the factory and ~$120 as a "port" installed option. He told me this is because of the labor involved in removing the rear seats to install the sotrage bins (yes, there are two, one under the 60 and another under the 40 of the seat split). I tried to weasel one of them out and couldn't do it, so I'm assuming that the only way to get it out (or in) is to remove the rear seat.

They are just plastic coated styrofoam. I was kinda disappointed, but also glad I didn't spend 120 on them. I can live with $40. I'll take some pics tomorrow. I haven't posted a single pic of my truck and I've had it a whole three days already!:D
Well you got something totally different than what i've got. This is what i have Toyota Tundra Parts and Accessories Store : Cargo Organizer, Under Seat Storage - 2007 Toyota Tundra [PT871-34070] - $125.00$99.95.
It's called an underseat cargo organizer. It is made my Toyota for the 07 Tundra. It is a one piece design made of sturdy molded plastic and has lockable top access panels. I installed this thing in about 10 minutes. You just lift/lock the rear seats and bolt it in place. The rear seat platform is already predrilled to allow easy installation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts