Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting very patiently, I am proud to finally have received My Undercover SE. Im pretty sure this is the first one, but I make no claims. I sold may Camper a few weeks ago and have been looking forward to covering back up.

This thing is everything they say it is. Light, well engineered and easy to install. I think it looks fantastic on the truck and the styling lines really flows well with the body:

·
Registered
561 Posts
I like it! I went with the classic a few months ago and couldn't be happier with it. How is the single lock in the middle working out...I kinda like that idea compared to the classic's two lock set-up. Points sent...

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Single lock is great! My GF wanted me to get the classic, but I really wanted to wait for this model. I really love that it is made in the USA and they actually engineered this instead of dumping another lid on the market.

I followed the instructions exactly and it fit perfect the first time. I thought for sure I would be fighting to adjust it but it is perfect. I am very happy with this purchase!!!:afro:

·
Registered
561 Posts
That's good to hear...the classic fits like a glove also. I took a little extra time to make sure it fit just right. No rubbing the paint, problems being off too much on one side, etc. I was really impressed with it then and even more impressed now that it's 6 months later...been thru snow, hail, heavy rain and it keeps the bed completely dry. Any way you could add a pic or two of it while it's opened?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Have the classic for over a year and half, couldn't be happier, the se looks great and the single lock is nice, bet your's will work out great, isn't it nice to buy a quality american product instead of a chinese knock off?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have the classic for over a year and half, couldn't be happier, the se looks great and the single lock is nice, bet your's will work out great, isn't it nice to buy a quality american product instead of a chinese knock off?
Not only is it American Made in the USA (which is awesome) but they really did a fantastic job engineering it for strength, efficiency, and longevity. The armorlid pales by comparison.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Love it!!! Just wish it could be had colormatched! Would look out of place on my salsa :(
Undercover makes the SE and the SE-Smooth. The SE-Smooth MUST be painted. Check out Undercover's website to see pictures of the painted SE. I've seen several of them in person (I think we've sold 2 or 3 so far) and I even have a dealer display that's a painted gray. They look GREAT. Just as nice as fiberglass with WAY more utility.

·
Vendor
276 Posts
The Undercover SE is a great cover and one of our top sellers, your truck looks really good with it installed and it flows really well with the lines on the new tundras!

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
I have the older one (2 locks) and love it it keeps the truck dry (monsson season around here). The double locks are a bit annoying but worth dealing with. I am thinking of having mine painted to match.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts