Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, last Saturday I was just doing some window shopping at the local Toyota dealer without the intention of even thinking of buying anything, but that changed very quickly when I saw a new Tundra with my name on it - a reg cab short bed SR5 4x2 with the 5.7 in white! I substantiated my purchase by trading my 05 AC and my 07 Mustang GT. This truck is both muscle and practicality rolled into one vehicle - it's fast and can haul stuff!

But there's a slight twist to this story... the next morning I walked out to my truck in the garage I noticed a big dent in the roof of the cab :eek: Needless to say I was not happy and expected to have a battle on my hands with the dealer about this. When I went back to Gladstone Toyota to see the salesman that sold me the truck, I was told to talk with a manager. Now what I'm about to tell you will probably make your mouth stick wide open - He said that he wanted me to be happy and offered to find me a new truck! I ended up with slate metallic with the same exact options. I didn't know I would like this color as much as the white, but I gave it a shot and ended up liking it even more :tu: Plus, it only had 6 miles on it and I ended up driving it back from the transferring dealer myself! Needless to say in the future I would do business with these guys again.

I love this truck - it's the best of both worlds being fun and functional all at the same time :) I tried to take a picture, but it ended up being too blurry o post. I promise to get a picture for you guys asap!

Let the mods begin!

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, first a bedliner and a clear bra. On the performance end I'm going to change the exhaust this week along with making up my own cold air intake setup.

·
Registered
848 Posts
exact same thing happened to me ... we were doing the final inspection and my girlfriend noticed 2 dents near the roof .. sence i already signed papers i thought i was going to be in for a battle but i told the manager that i woulnt take the keys from his hand due to the dents and he told me ok we can order you another one but i already saw the exact truck in the back so they preped it and i took that one instead :) needless to say i didnt leave the dealer till 11pm

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey Thumbster, congrats - I have the same truck. I love this truck and can't stop staring at the damn thing. I'm planning on putting a set of Donahoe Racing coilovers and some BFG AT's on this summer. Make it a little more offroad capable since it's a 4x2. Good luck. Regards. TI

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So would that mean that thumbster is the first one around here to have owned two 07 Tundras?

And how hard of a hit did you take trading in an 07 Mustang?
I guess you could say I owned two 07 tundras - didn't even think about it that way :D

I did take a little bit of a hit on the stang, but I figured that it would depreciate even more by just owning it (after all it is a ford). Being that the paint was still perfect on it, I figured I would get more out of it to begin with. I didn't want to sell it privately due to some prior bad experiences with people coming up with the money to buy it, let alone getting some yahoo with a bad driving record test driving the car and wrapping it around a utility pole with me along for the ride :td: The car only had 900 miles on it!

The saving grace was the resale value on the tundra - I ended up only losing 2500 bucks on trading it. I almost could have recouped my full purchase price on this truck had I sold it privately! Just goes to show that Toyotas retain their value very well.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well, last Saturday I was just doing some window shopping at the local Toyota dealer without the intention of even thinking of buying anything, but that changed very quickly when I saw a new Tundra with my name on it - a reg cab short bed SR5 4x2 with the 5.7 in white! I substantiated my purchase by trading my 05 AC and my 07 Mustang GT. This truck is both muscle and practicality rolled into one vehicle - it's fast and can haul stuff!

But there's a slight twist to this story... the next morning I walked out to my truck in the garage I noticed a big dent in the roof of the cab :eek: Needless to say I was not happy and expected to have a battle on my hands with the dealer about this. When I went back to Gladstone Toyota to see the salesman that sold me the truck, I was told to talk with a manager. Now what I'm about to tell you will probably make your mouth stick wide open - He said that he wanted me to be happy and offered to find me a new truck! I ended up with slate metallic with the same exact options. I didn't know I would like this color as much as the white, but I gave it a shot and ended up liking it even more :tu: Plus, it only had 6 miles on it and I ended up driving it back from the transferring dealer myself! Needless to say in the future I would do business with these guys again.

I love this truck - it's the best of both worlds being fun and functional all at the same time :) I tried to take a picture, but it ended up being too blurry o post. I promise to get a picture for you guys asap!

Let the mods begin!
Here are the pics of your truck....:devil:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/97546-slate-metalic-reg-cab-sport-5-a/

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
17 Posts

Let the mods begin!
At least you kept the '86 stang. My plan is opposite of yours, the Tundra first then the stang.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts