Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put in my 3inch spacers form toytec about a week ago and I'm pretty disappointed with how my truck looks. The front and rear sit level at 37 inches but it looks like its leaning forward which I cant stand. Does anyone else have this same lift but different results? And also, is there anything I can do to get an extra inch in the front or lower the rear an inch? Let me know whatever you think

its a 2005 4x4 double cab

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
I do not have that lift, but, not sure of your problem. You say the truck is level at 37".

Is it a perception issue that looks off? I presume you measured on level ground with centerline for
the wheel and using the same point on your fender well or flare? I would not move or add anything just yet, unless it really is different in height from back to front.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I measured from the ground to the same point on the wheel well. The rep from Toytec said the 2inch kit usually levels a tundra out. so i dont understand why mine is barely level

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, i realize its level. It just appears not to be, so Im trying to figure out how to get either an inch in the front or do something to the rear.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Yes, i realize its level. It just appears not to be, so Im trying to figure out how to get either an inch in the front or do something to the rear.
4.5" Tuff Country lift w/o the rear lift block, remove a leaf from your springs, drop shackles for the rear, lower psi in rear tires, air up the front tires, throw in a couple hundred lbs of weight in the bed. Many options.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
To lower the rear, you'd need longer shackles. I've seen shorter ones, which raise the rear. I've never looked for longer ones.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Get a new hood ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
did u ever have an accident with ur truck cuz my little truck appears lower on the left because the front frame where the lights and everything else attach has been bent :/ even after new fenders and front bumper it looks off

·
Registered
158 Posts
By the way guys, on your front leveling kits, are they metal or hard rubber? I ordered the 2' kit from Tuff Country and they are rubbers. I still haven't put them on. :-\

·
Registered
366 Posts
just get a 1 rubber spacer and put in on top of the spring in the coil over call it a day

1 - 20 of 30 Posts