Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 06 tundra dc and was wondering what chip to install? Plus the factory exaust system is still on. I have heard about the super chip, and the uni chip whats the difference between the two? Thanks for your replyies. Plus if you can type a good website to buy one with quality service. :ts:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am new to the toyota family and was was wondering what the advantages were to the unichip and how hard a re they to install?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I dunno if the unichip allows diy tuning, but if you want DIY tuning, get the URD MAF calibrator which allows you adjust fuel curves, etc.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts

·
AKA blackmbj
718 Posts
Unichip doesn't allow for DIY tuning unless you get the Top-of-the-Line model, and then you still need a Pocket PC with Bluetooth to select one of 5 tuning maps.

The standard Unichip has two maps, a conservative and advanced. I think Unichip mostly changes the timing and can be custom programmed to take advantage of Intakes, Exhaust, to give you what those MFRs claim their products give you.

I have liked mine since I first installed it, but it did come after the Intake and Exhaust were installed. It will also work (works better) with the TRD Supercharger in place of the TRD ECU unit that originally came with the TRD SC.

Oh, and if you can find a tuner shop for UNichip, they can put it on a dyno and custom program the Unichip to your vehicle for max gains. There is a shop in NC that does this Welcome to Grassroots Garage I haven't been there and wish there was someplace closer to me.

Here is the Unichip link and you can look-up dealers and programmers. Unichip - Unichip Home The one for sale in the Classified forum here is a great price!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts