Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my 2010 crew cab and the deal included a 84 month / 100K Platinum Service Agreement from United AutoCare. Does anyone have any experience with this Company. I like the idea of the extended protection but have no experience with this company. Dealer stated this is accepted at over 5,000 Toyota dealers around the country. All opinions appreciated since the agreement gives me 30 days to cancel in writing and receive full refund.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price and duration were different and the dealer gave me this for $6 / Month extra

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
That is a LOT less than the Toyota Platinum warranty!:eek:
I can see why you are a bit skeptical about it.:beatsme:

·
Registered
121 Posts
JMHO, get a refund on the "United" warranty and buy the Toyota warranty, not from your dealer but from one of the 2 or 3 dealers that advertise Toyota factory warranties here on TS forum. I bought mine and saved $900 over what my dealer wanted when I bought from Handy Toyota. (See the ad to the left of this post) You don't have to buy it from the dealer that sold you the vehicle. Check the prices and see. Genuine Toyota Factory warranty. Also get the Platinum, 0 deductable. Do it fast while you still have the 30 day window to get a 100% refund.

·
Registered
916 Posts
A motto I have always lived by, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." If my math is right, you're paying about $360 for this warranty. I have heard terrible things about aftermarket warranty clubs like this. I might drive around to other Toyota dealers in your area and ask them about it. I might call a Toyota dealer 500 miles from your house and ask them if they have heard of it. Ultimately its not OUR opinions on it that matters, its the Toyota dealerships that you might use for service that matter.

If you want the protection and peace of mind from an extended warranty, I think your best bet is to purchase a Toyota warranty. I think I paid right around $800 or $900 for a 8 year/75K mile Toyota Platinum warranty for my 10 Tundra 4x4. I don't think that price is bad at all for a $30K truck. I took the best price I found on the web and challenged my dealer to match it. The finance guy laughed at me, I laughed a little too and then told him I was serious. They could make a little money and sell it to me for that price, or no money and I would buy it from someone else. If you think about it, if you got a 5 year loan its only $15-$20 a month before interest.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
those aftermarket warranties suck for the most part. once in a while one will be OK but never as good as the real deal. get it here online and its alot cheaper. if its the matter of paying for it all at once, handy toyota, i believe, here on TS offers a payment plan type of thing where thye charge your credit card in monthly installments so its a non issue.....

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
From my personal experience and having over $6500 worth of work done via the Toyota Platinum care warranty, its better to go with Toyota. They were even willing to go beyond the 100K mileage for an issue noted by the dealership within the last 1K of the warranty per request to one of the warranty managers.

Read your aftermarket warranty carefully; one of the reasons I chose the dealership warranty initally was because if something big like your transmission needed replacement, the aftermarket warranties would only offer USED transmissions. Toyota provides REBUILT ones instead.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Hey, not trying to scare ya but GET A REFUND. If it is not underwritten by Toyota the dealer does not have to honor the warrranty. Pay the extra for a genuine Toyota extended service plan. You have 3 years or 36k miles to get the money if you don't have it all now or you can probably make payments.

Consider some points of fact when it comes to insurance policies which is what you have.

The company that underwrites your policy may change names(go out of business)and you are stuck with zero.

The dealer may have a fall out with this company and then what, no more relationship means no more honoring this policy???? You are stuck with zero. That's not the case with a Toyota plan.

How long is it going to take for this company to approve a claim??? I've talked to Toyota and the average approval time for a extended service claim is 2 minutes.

What if the insurance company cannot come to agreeable terms on a repair???

What is the process that this company requires to get approval for a claim??

What do they acutally cover??

There are so many variables to having an out side company "claim" to cover your vehicle but remember they are not in the automotive repair business and it is their job to figure out ways "not to pay" that is how they make their profits that much better.

The dealer makes lots of profit off these types of warranties, that is why they push them, not because they are the best choice. An honest dealer would tell you the truth and let you know that any coverage that is not underwritten by Toyota is not really worth the paper it is written on.

If your not sure and you want to err on the side of caution, then get a refund and take the 3 years you have to make the right decision, you've got plenty of time to think about it. It sounded good when you got the truck at the time of the deal but take it from experience that any thing other than a Toyota plan will fall short at the end of the day. That is why they don't want you to compare these types of plans because when you do you will see how crappy the one you have is that's why they try to talk you into it at closing so that you will feel pressured and intimidated to ask for a refund. Why doesn't this company give you the full warranty time to think about it, Toyota does??

Good luck!!!!

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the advise. Cancellation is written and being mailed today. Its all appreciated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts