Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it all installed this weekend! looks freaking awesome! these trucks were made to mod.
Thanks to all those on here that helped me over the last few months, and thanks to all those that gave me inspiration whether you knew it or not.

Low Range Offroad 3/1: Had the lift installed, but shop said it went on easily. I ended up with 2.5 inches of lift up front and 1.25 inches in the rear. This actually worked out perfect because I was worried about a nose up stance, and I prefer the slight rake it has now.

Nitto Terra Grapplers: look great in person and ride very well. I don't notice any additional road noise.

XD Monsters: look great and I did get a lug kit to make sure I had the right setup. I dont care if they are played out - very happy with my choice here.

N-fabs: breeze to install and definitely help getting in and out of the vehicle. Look great also.

Overall: ride seems a little rougher, probably due to the E rated nittos. Feels like the truck handles turns better. It doesn't dive into the turns and I think bodyroll is less. Truck still fits in my garage and I don't anticipate a problem with the parking garage at work.

hit me up if you have any specific questions - I'm happy to help where I can.

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
20x9 with 305/55r20 nittos

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
great setup. no those XDs arent played out. the rockstars are played out. those rims are friggin sweet looking IMO. love that u did the rear as well with the lift. i too raised the front but then it looked nose high so i did blocks. i got a full 3 inches from my lift in frt and 1.5 blocks in rear that for some reason actually got me more than 1.5 but whatever. i like the stance. great choice of mods!

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Looks pretty good! Disagree with no difference in road noise - compared to stock, the TGs are pretty noisy especially on the highway. Guess people have different thresholds though!

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Looks good! Love how the tires just barely stick out of the wheel well, that looks tough. I don't like it when they stick out real far. Also. I agree that the monsters aren't too played out. I wouldn't put black wheels on my truck but sometimes i have to admit they look good and this is one of those times. Love the n-fabs too cant wait to get them for my truck!!

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Very nicely done, those are the exact same mods I'm planning on doing. I think those rims look great, congrats.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Gotta say, Im not a fan of black wheels or silver trucks, but yours I like. :tu:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks pretty good! Disagree with no difference in road noise - compared to stock, the TGs are pretty noisy especially on the highway. Guess people have different thresholds though!

could just be the "newness" factor - I'll give it some time and report back. OF course, I'm thinking next mods are going to be to the stereo, so if that's the case, I really won't hear em hummin!

Thanks everyone for all the good comments!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
That a boy; nice ride! You did it right so I sent you some points.........

·
Registered
424 Posts
YEP! That looks great!! Always love the black accent of the wheels and tires. I very rarely see ANY Monsters, at least around here in Montana.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Looks sharp.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Your truck just made up my mind to go with black wheels. What is the backspacing on those, i like how the just barely stick out

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks awesome. Same color as my Tundra. Now I know what those rims and tires will look like if I go that route!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the Low Range put on yesterday, SCARY took the shop 4 hours I could hear the dude yelling , and they said they had to compress my springs..hmmm Low range says no need for that. Anyway Nittos 285 / 70 / 18 on today looks better, not the same smooth ride. Also looks like the front tires are pointing towards center. Anyone notice this?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your truck just made up my mind to go with black wheels. What is the backspacing on those, i like how the just barely stick out

backapacing is 6.38 and offset is 35mm.

for some reason, most pictures don't do justice to a black rim. They definitely look better in person. In pictures the detail gets lost into a black hole.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I had the Low Range put on yesterday, SCARY took the shop 4 hours I could hear the dude yelling , and they said they had to compress my springs..hmmm Low range says no need for that. Anyway Nittos 285 / 70 / 18 on today looks better, not the same smooth ride. Also looks like the front tires are pointing towards center. Anyone notice this?
If you go to their web-site and check out the installation instructions, you'll see that they mention that the springs need to be compressed. I don't think it is a big deal either way, but you need to find somebody that has a compressor to get it done or a place like Advance Parts...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts