Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just hit 40000 miles, got an oil change, and while I was there I was trying to take care of my tire rewards program so I could get some new rubber. Well after they inspected the tires they brought me the papers and the tire measurements said 4/32 of an inch left. I laughed and said hmmm this is funny because 5000 miles ago the report I received say I have less than this and I asked the guy if I got more tread somehow (I was being a smart***). He was like sir we can go measure it you want so I said ok. We measure and he said yep 4/32's left and I said can we agree that the wear bars on tires are at 2/32's of an inch and he said ya. I said well looky there the tread is dead even with them. So I asked for a manager, who turned out to be a great guy, and the manager said oh ya we need to get that taken car of so I got my money and he ordered my tires! I wanted some Falken st/04s but they told me I have to order off of their list if I want the money from the rewards program so I went with some Michilen at2s! Anyways just wanted everybody to know that the program works!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Just had mine done at 45000. For some reason only 2 tires were wearing on the outside and were bald. They said the tread all around had to be less than 3/32's, yes illeagal in most states. I asked if they would pass inspection, they replied no, finally agreed to put new tires on. Then I was hit with had to be exact same size as original and also picked the Michelln's only they were the LTX A/S, which are crap original tires. They said they were putting LT2's on. The explaination has to be same size. Also charged $269 per tire. Shoot for an extra 3 or 400 dollars could have gone to another tire store and got what I wanted. Oh and even Toyota damaged one TPS and had to go back and have them recalibrated. Don't blame the dealer, just going by the program given, but really anyone waiting to get tires under this program forget it.
The bad thing the next day NTBS had a sell from 8 to 1200 or something like that had a sell pay for 2 and get 2 more. Bummer!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts