Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I have to buy the most updated navigation DVD from a dealer? I have a 2006 Tundra DC Limited. Right off hand I can't remember what version I have. I am assuming there is a newer version than what I have. If I have to buy from the dealer, what kind of a price would I be shocked to see?

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
$300 from a dealer (or at least that is what they wanted at my dealer). Some may offer it for a lower price. Best place I would say is from eBay. v6.1 is the latest version and I would suspect you have version 5.1. Be adviced that with v6.1 you will loose the ability to 'override' the system so that you can use it while moving. Whole lot of discussion about this in this forum, do a search if you are interested. Oh yeah, you will need the v6.1 for a Gen 4 receiver, be carefull about this!

Do I have to buy the most updated navigation DVD from a dealer? I have a 2006 Tundra DC Limited. Right off hand I can't remember what version I have. I am assuming there is a newer version than what I have. If I have to buy from the dealer, what kind of a price would I be shocked to see?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$300 from a dealer (or at least that is what they wanted at my dealer). Some may offer it for a lower price. Best place I would say is from eBay. v6.1 is the latest version and I would suspect you have version 5.1. Be adviced that with v6.1 you will loose the ability to 'override' the system so that you can use it while moving. Whole lot of discussion about this in this forum, do a search if you are interested. Oh yeah, you will need the v6.1 for a Gen 4 receiver, be carefull about this!
Well actually I have v6.1 :(. What would I type in to search in the forum? Anything specific?

·
Premium Member
242 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here are the details applicable to your vehicle:
MSRP $250
00110-DVD06-GEN4
V6.1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts