Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone:
I have a 2001 sequoia that I purchased a 2004 camary navigation unit from oemvalue.
The unit was wonderful with just plug and play. I now want to upgrade the navigation dvd.
The dvd in my unit says 2004 densco W 41. What does the W41 mean? Anyway does anyone know what I upgrade my nav dvd with? I have found several on ebay with the U31 or U32 codes or they say generation 5. Will any of these dvds work in my unit?
Thanks for all your help.

JMan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone:
I have a 2001 sequoia that I purchased a 2004 camary navigation unit from oemvalue.
The unit was wonderful with just plug and play. I now want to upgrade the navigation dvd.
The dvd in my unit says 2004 densco W 41. What does the W41 mean? Anyway does anyone know what I upgrade my nav dvd with? I have found several on ebay with the U31 or U32 codes or they say generation 5. Will any of these dvds work in my unit?
Thanks for all your help.

JMan
I have a 2008 Tundra. What I have discovered is the Toyota parts department sells a Nav update around February of each year for $250. I talked extensively with the parts guy. His opinion was the DVD is only as good as the company Toyota uses to input the data. From a user of the Nav system in my 2008 that came with it, I'm not impressed. I like the system, it just has way to many missing locations. Ones that have been in my area for 20 years aren't in there. So you can gamble on the benefit or not of the $250 upgrade. I haven't found any other option as of yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts