Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 DC SR5 with the standard factory shocks...I want to upgrade to a "better" shock. Any suggestions, I've searched and not been satisfied with the results. Looking for a ride that is more firm, less jittery in the back end. It just seems the factory shocks are very loose. I don't need a lift or level and don't mind spending some money if the results are noticeable.

Thanks in advance for responses
Mike

·
Registered
819 Posts
R,

Try putting 37/38 psi in your tires. I did that and it really smoothed out the ride. I think the tires with less air in the can be a bit bouncy.

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
Agreed!!:tu:
It's certainly worth a try because it's essentially FREE!:eek:
I have run 40 psi all the way around since I got the Tundra back in '07.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Try the Rancho RS9000 series. It's adjustable so you can't be wrong. Buy a set of 4 and get a $100 rebate right now. I have them on the rear axle and like the ability to adjust them with varying load.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Old Man Emu can be used in the rear without a lift. Might be a good choice. Either that or the Bilstein 5100s.

The front you'll have to look for an OEM replacement I suppose. I bet Bilstein makes a set.

-rockstate

·
Registered
177 Posts
check out the Bilstein 5100 preload adjustable's (at stock height) and the regular Bilstein HD front shocks. Also look into the Edelbrock VS3 front shocks, they seem like they would work pretty well.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Yeah it's a 2010 so I'm guessing you have low miles. I would definitly go with Mendonsy on this one and try airing up the tires first. Do you have a TRD or non TRD that will change which shocks and tires you have? That may change advice people have for you. When I had the BFG Ragged Trails I aired them up and it took away some of that mushy feel around the corners.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Maylon...I have a non TRD set up
Check on the tire and see what the max pressure is, then air it up to that or a touch under. Then see if the ride gets a little less mushy. I don't have that set up so I can't say if it will help for sure. I know for the ragged trails the recommended tire psi on the door jam was lower than what the tire said. I am more inclined to go with the tire manufacturer. It would be a free test anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts