Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you wondering about upgrading your 2007 OEM non-NAV head unit (JBL or non-JBL) to the Toyota OEM NAV, I discovered Toyota's instructions for this proceedure on the 2007 Tundra. I think the directions are targeting the non-JBL configuration showing adding an amplifier, etc... So starting with a JBL head unit it ought to be a lot easier since everyting except GPS antenna should be in place.

I know there was a thread on TS where folks were wondering where the GPS antenna is located and these same instructions show that also.

I have posted the following set of instructions (Adobe Acrobat) to the electrical section of TS:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/foru...a-nav-upgrade-instructions-2007tundra-nav.pdf

·
Registered
41 Posts
Great Post...Thanks

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ...where did u find that.:confused:
Ancient Japanese secret......

In reality, though. It was sent to me by a fellow who had a kit for sale. I guess it was pretty hot because it sold before I had a chance to buy it. I think it was around $2,000 for the kit. Still a bit pricy but at least he had one available. He has not responded to me since selling.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I will be reading this document more tonight, but I think it could unlock some secrets?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's amazing but it would seem this upgrade kit has disappeared as I have not found one since. Anybody know if they are still available in Canada? Thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm hoping people on here that upgrade their unit will offer their NAV's for sale here. Haven't seen many though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts