Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am looking to upgrade my factory 6 disc cd changer stereo setup for something with an lcd screen. I am looking at something like this ebay link I have added below. Please take a look and let me know if I should get it.

Also if there are any other options for someone like me please mention them.

Thank you,

Toyota Tundra In-Dash Car DVD Player GPS Radio 7'HD LCD | eBay

·
Registered
228 Posts
get a name brand one.. they run about the same price.. i got a pioneer one , love it! best upgrade
easy to install, did it myself.. found a write up and just followed instructions

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
get a name brand one.. they run about the same price.. i got a pioneer one , love it! best upgrade
easy to install, did it myself.. found a write up and just followed instructions
Can you please let me know the model number or add a link?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
I put a Pioneer unit like this in my Taco and I loved it - It worked great, improved the sound over the OEM stereo at lot and it looked like it came in the truck from the factory.

Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT Navigation receiver at Crutchfield Signature

There are lower cost Pioneer units, but one of these would give you a setup equal to or better than the factory ones. You can find nav units for less from other places than Crutchfield, but if you are doing the install yourself the included adapters, installation manual and support are great.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Cant tell if that unit has pre outs to add external amps, which will be necessary for nice clean sound? There should be Pre outs for the front, rear and subwoofer channels.

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Cant tell if that unit has pre outs to add external amps, which will be necessary for nice clean sound? There should be Pre outs for the front, rear and subwoofer channels.
Not sure which unit you mean. That Pioneer has a 6 channel preamp output, plus a sub preamp output.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Not sure which unit you mean. That Pioneer has a 6 channel preamp output, plus a sub preamp output.
The one the OP is looking at.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone. I think I will go with ebay version. Just waiting to hear if it comes with pre outs.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Love the look of the Rosen unit!
Yeah, if I was to put an aftermarket navi in, def the Rosen unit. But it's pricey... Another thing is they only come in a very dark metallic grey (updated for newer tundras). Doesn't look too bad with the piano black trim though.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I really do like my factory navigation/radio setup; however, I would honestly go with an aftermarket the next time with more power. You can buy an aftermarket with all of the options and better........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts