Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!

Sorry for my terrible English - I'm from Russia.
Well, in the nearest 3-4 month I want to buy a Tundra (DC SR5, 4WD, 5,7L). And -
my first step (after the buy) - I want to install a CAI (Airraid), Magnaflow Dual Cat Back Exhaust and - Unichip module. Anybody have an experience for use this devices on your TUNDRA's? I'm interesting an exchanging of mileage.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
VERY HAPPY with my setup:

Borla Dual Exhaust (there is a slight drone around 65MPH or so, but no issue to me)
Toyota Racing Development Cold Air Intake
Unichip set to 93 Octane Map (Love the power increase)

Doug Thorley Shorty Headers are on the way
Possibly a custom tune coming after installing the Headers by a Unichip Tuner Shop

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Hello everybody!

Magnaflow Dual Cat Back Exhaust
There is a serious design problem with certain variants of Magnaflow dual rear exit systems which route the tailpipes between the leaf spring and frame instead of under the leaf spring. Hard contact is imminent, even on modest bumps and without loads, which can damage the suspension, frame, and the exhaust itself. Moreover, the potential for sparks exists which is a cause for concern considering the proximity to the fuel tank. For your own safety and the integrity of your future vehicle, avoid these products. :td:

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Welcome to TS!!! I would stay away from Magnaflow as well... Try a Flowmaster or a Powerstick.. :D As far as intakes, I'd go with a Volant.. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK! Thanks for info. Now - I think that Magnaflow isn't good idea. Will see to Flowmaster. What about the CAI - which model is a best by price/quality level?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Anything is possible but you just have to find the proper way to mount it!

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,569 Posts
The best way to mount a front winch (which I would do if I had the $$) is the Warn Trans4mer brush bar with integrated receiver, and a winch can then be kept in the truck, installed either front or rear depending on what you need. I currently have a low-mounted Curt receiver, which bolts onto where the tow hooks are mounted. I had to get a receiver extension because the winch wouldn't reach the receiver. Also a bolt-on receiver obstructs the engine skid plate so makes oil changes much more difficult.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts