Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i've been trying to find some pictures of larger tires on the standard "styled steel wheels" that came on my 2010 tundra DC SR5. I am putting in a 3" leveling kit, and can't afford both tires and rims, so i wanted to see how the stock steel wheels look with some beefier tires. I don't think the rims look that bad in all honesty. Anyone have pictures of what these rims look like with some badass tires on them? If so, let see 'em!

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
dont really think theres much of anything u can do to make "styled steel" wheels look any better. heck the silver finished aluminum ones look bad enough...find u a cheap set of TRD wheels or aftermarket ones with some tires already on them and you might have to replace the tires sooner but it'll look a helll of a lot better.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They work great for me, specs are in my sig.

Thanks Man! Exactly the kind of picture i was looking for. Anyone else out there have some bigger tires on those rims? Post a pic!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sorry no pics from me, but a vote of confidence -

I remember digging around this board and elsewhere to figure out the weight difference between the TRD alloys vs. the styled steel wheels - I think the weight difference is like 1 lb per rim - so not a significant performance difference. I ended up with the TRD alloys because of a bunch of other features I was after, but anyway -

I say go for it man, put some quality rubber on those suckers and rock out. I know most people on this board get all emotional about aesthetics - and bad looking stuff does suck, but some aggressive tires will make all the difference - post some pics once you get it done!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Just putting this out there as an FYI...
The Aluminum 5 spokes off the SR5 have a different offset than the steelies. They set out about a 1/2 farther than the styled steel wheels I took off. It might be something to consider as you start filling up the fender well. I am considering having 2 of my steel wheels widened for weekend drag radials.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm pretty sure Jowett has steelies on his truck, there are a bunch of pics buried in this site, you'll just have to dig them up. Or maybe he'll post some up for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts