Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sitting out here in the truck trying to figure this out, but the owners manual for the Kenwood DNX6140 is terrible.

I am trying to upload pictures onto the unit via a digital camera. I have also tried hooking up my laptop... both via the supplied USB cable....

Its not even giving me the option to upload pictures... not even for a background.... The screen will not allow me to press on the MEMORY button or CHANGE button....Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
If it's like my 8120, I believe you have to hold down the eject button till the screen folds all the way down, reveiling the SD card slot. Load your pictures onto an SD card then stick it in that slot. Should go from there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im sitting out here in the truck trying to figure this out, but the owners manual for the Kenwood DNX6140 is terrible.

I am trying to upload pictures onto the unit via a digital camera. I have also tried hooking up my laptop... both via the supplied USB cable....

Its not even giving me the option to upload pictures... not even for a background.... The screen will not allow me to press on the MEMORY button or CHANGE button....Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...
X2! I have tried photo Cd's. Didn't give me a upload option either.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My screen doesnt fold that I know of.... I finally got ONE picture to upload and it took forever.... I had a flash drive with some pics on it... I had to delete all but one picture on the drive, then plugged the flash drive into the usb cord on the head unit... fumbled my way around on the menus until I did it...

It would only upload one picture and it took about 2 minutes to just do that... I was unhappy with the outcome too, as I could only use it for a background, so there are menus and tuner channels and all that stuff in front of it.... u cant even see the picture...

I thought that while playing a cd or tuner, you would be able to change over to a screen to have the picture showing...

maybe i am just not doing something right, but so far I am NOT impressed with this headunit... for numerous reasons....

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just tried it in my 9140 after reading through this thread. Photos are for viewing only. I then read through my manual and it does not give me the option of uploading photos. The only thing I was able to do (as far as uploading) was to change my start up screen.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have the ddx-514 and tried uploading splash screen wallpaper off usb and couldnt get it to work.Got so frustrated because I tried different ways BAHHH stupid kenwoods lol

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have the ddx-514 and tried uploading splash screen wallpaper off usb and couldnt get it to work.Got so frustrated because I tried different ways BAHHH stupid kenwoods lol
On my unit, I performed the startup splash screen by doing the following:

1. First save your settings in 'Setup Memory' so you can recall them after the upload.
2. Next you will need a USB flash or thumb drive and place into your Mac or PC.
3. Get a USB drive and create a folder called "PICTURES" on the USB drive.
4. Put the pictures you want into that folder. I had someone make me an 800x480 jpg.
(This next step(s) may vary depending on your HU.)
5. I put the flash drive into my extra USB port. For those who do not have it, I assume you'd put the flash drive into the USB port you have (possibly the iPod USB port. I know that's the "official" way to do it anyways.
6. Turn unit on and hold down the 'Source' and 'Volume Down' buttons. Hit the 'Reset' button once.
7. Continue holding the 'Source' and 'Volume' buttons until the screen illuminates. (At this point, you can now release the buttons.)
8. When you will see the setup screen, select 'OEM.'
9. Select to the 'Pictures' folder and select your image. Press OK and wait for the short pause in the unit.
10. Finally, press 'Reset' again and it should show you your new image.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts