Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everybody!, so just a little bit of background for yall, I installed the 6 inch RCD lift, and with that I had to drop the Carrier Bearing. Months had passed and everything seemed fine, until about a month ago when I would get a really rough vibration when accelerating as well as a really bad thump( sounds like bed is coming loose, but its not!) in the rear when going over any uneven surface (speed bumps, slopes, potholes, etc) so I decided to double check everything on the carrier bearing. well I unbolted it and WHOOPS!:( I dropped it just enough to where the slip yoke came out of the transmission. Now I am not a transmission expert, nor do I claim to know anything about it.. when the driveshaft came out I panicked at all the fluid that came out:eek:. I quickly tried to put the shaft back in ( with some struggle).

My question is was that a bad thing to do:beatsme:? I have everything all bolted up as I did before, but the noise and vibration still exist. This is very frustrating and I am kinda worried about driving my truck..

PLEASE help!!

p.s. I dont know if it was just the excess of fluid or if my transmission is now leaking...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
When my carrier bearing was going bad I couldn't figure out what the noise was. I put the rear up on jacks started the truck and put it in gear and looked and listened. Get it safely up on jacks in the rear and get the wheels moving and try to track it down. Here is where a live video under the truck would help too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts