Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the second cdn owner of this truck - 07 Tundra DC 4x4 SR5 5.7l. When it was imported, the dealer enabled DRL to comply with cdn law. The way they did it though, is horrible! They enabled the low beams on all the time (not the turn signal lights) and it acts as though the lights have been turned on at the stalk - dim dash and unreadable display.

I asked my local dealer to check it out and they said they would have done it the same way. Useless!

What would the dealer have do to enable DRL in this awful fashion and how can I restore it to normal operation? I would like to have DRL but will probably follow another thread here to build it out properly.

·
Registered
151 Posts
sounds like they spliced in a relay past the headlight switch that always supplies power to the headlights when ever the car is in gear. A very tacky but easy solution for them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would this be concealed somewhere (ie: vacant block somewhere) or would it stick out? What would I be looking for? Presuming it's under the dash?

·
Registered
151 Posts
unfortunately, this could be under the dash or under the hood. You'd have to look at the wiring diagram and then follow the same in the vehicle. You might get lucky an see something obviously out of place when you start examining under the dash and under the hood.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay. Not great news. :( where would be the easiest / laziest place to install this? If you had to do this quickly for a customer, where would you go? Just try to narrow things down. There's a lot of wire and little black boxes. Lol

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
My 05 was also a US import with added DRL's. The box they used for this was located on top of the left inner fender. As soon as you opened the hood you could see it. But I still don't understand why you are asking where it is. If you bought it from a dealer then why aren't you asking them to fix it? I am guessing its a fairly new purchase for you so they should be helping you out if there are problems with the interior lights. And this dealer they bought it from, why cant you just contact them and ask them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts