Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a riculous thread, sorry all. I picked up a fantastic 2007 Crew Max about 10 days ago and at first the cinnamon scented air freshener they used to clean/mask the odors was fine. I changed the cabin filter and bought a small air freshening canister from Wallyworld and it still has that funky cinnamon, Big Red gum smell. What, if any, air fresheners, cleaners, deodorizers, etc do you guys use? I would spray Febreeze in the cab if it works, but I would bet that someone out there has a definitive idea of what the best product is and I am willing to try anything. I live in NC so the days are already getting really hot so leaving the windows down is not the best option.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Get yourself a small portable carpet shampooer and do all the cloth surfaces. I fart constantly in my truck
and I need to clean it regularly. I have a small Bissell with a hand held wand/brush and I am always surprised how dirty the water gets when I do the seats.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
they most likely sprayed the crap in the carpet so the suggestion by mr fartso above should help....if u dont want to buy one of those, most coin op carwashes nowadays have shampoo things over at the vac section..just dont use their airfreshener. febreeze IMO doesnt work well in a car, for some reason it gets super weird smelling in the heat after being closed up.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Get yourself a small portable carpet shampooer and do all the cloth surfaces. I fart constantly in my truck
and I need to clean it regularly. I have a small Bissell with a hand held wand/brush and I am always surprised how dirty the water gets when I do the seats.
Just because you like to go commando in your truck.... and not wear pants/shorts while your'e driving doesn't mean everybody ELSE does.

The dirty water you're picking up contains tiny farticles (haha like my pun?) from the seat.

Good luck to the OP. It shall go away, but put a bar of soap somewhere in the cabin and that'll help sprucen up the cab.

-rockstate

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
febreeze IMO doesnt work well in a car, for some reason it gets super weird smelling in the heat after being closed up.
Febreze does suck in vehicles. I've used it to try to kill odors from smokes, spilled beer, dead bodies, etc. It's not bad for a day or two, but after that it smells worse than the original odor. IMO;)

·
Registered
544 Posts
:beavbutt: :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
FK1 #200 is a refresher/ odor eliminator and it works pretty good. It'll give you that new used car smell. Not perfumey, just clean smelling.

·
Registered
918 Posts
You know you probably bought a smoker's vehicle right? Before I quit, when I traded my old truck the first thing they did was put like 2 or 4 of the things in there, lower the windows, and put the air on full blast and just let it sit. Get the interior fully detailed to include carpet shampoo.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Finish Kare FK1 Consumer Detailing Products

It's not a spray but you can pick up a small spray bottle almost anywhere.

Don't try and order anything from that site expecting it to ever get to you. It's been closed for quite some time now.

I know Autogeek is carrying some FK stuff. Some other online vendors may be carrying it as well. I also think you can call Finish Kare directly and speak with (I think it might be) Linda or Lydia and see if they will sell direct. What I gathered reading threads was that was not their cup of tea.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Don't try and order anything from that site expecting it to ever get to you. It's been closed for quite some time now.

I know Autogeek is carrying some FK stuff. Some other online vendors may be carrying it as well. I also think you can call Finish Kare directly and speak with (I think it might be) Linda or Lydia and see if they will sell direct. What I gathered reading threads was that was not their cup of tea.

It's been a while and I forgot. I ordered directly and spoke to Leda, very nice lady. I got all the info from autopia back then and ordered a bunch of stuff direct.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Whoa, waaay too much information my friend. Lay off the beans and cabbage for a while will ya. Get some fiber in your pie hole and swallow it.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Drive everywhere with your windows down and it should be gone in a week.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
LMFAO That was great sending Mr. C fart points.
Heck just nuke em with lysol and run around with the windows down for a while.:histthefan::nuke:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Put a small box of opened dryer sheets in the cab, like under the seats. It works well.

Good luck dude.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Just because you like to go commando in your truck.... and not wear pants/shorts while your'e driving doesn't mean everybody ELSE does.

The dirty water you're picking up contains tiny farticles (haha like my pun?) from the seat.

Good luck to the OP. It shall go away, but put a bar of soap somewhere in the cabin and that'll help sprucen up the cab.

-rockstate
Haha nicely said as always rock.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WOW, I thought this was a stupid thread and would be told to, "Go get a Ford Ranger you wannabe!" I used to smoke, like to fart, don't typically shart, and had a big lab in my old GMC Sierra for the past 10 years and it never really smelled at all. I truly appreciate the replies. I think the best idea is to have it professionally steam cleaned. I have a Bissell with the car attachment, but for $25 I can have it done locally. Man, it sucks to get in to a great truck and it smells funky. I have tried Febreeze and I agree that it winds up smelling like an old sock laced with whatever stink was in the vehicle to begin with. Thanks for the insight!!!

BTW, anyone who says that the new Tundra isn't that great hasn't driven one. Holy whiplash Batman. I had a 2000 GMC Sierra with a 5.3 V8 and in comparison to accelaration and towing it couldn't get out of it's own way. My 20' Stingray is no longer noticeable when I tow it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts