Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved to South Carolina and went to a new dealer and I am very unhappy with those clowns. If you want my opinion, don't get your car or truck serviced in Rock Hill unless you like to deal with assholes.

Anyway, went for an oil change and since then there is a strong smell of old oil coming from the vents in the cab. Did any of you had this problem before? Any idea on what I could do about it? I went back there and of course they told me there is no smell in the cab. The service manager was sooooo useless. So before I spend more money going to an other dealer I thought I would post here.

Thanks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sounds like they spilled oil somewhere near the fresh-air intake. I've had this happen before and it can be very nauseating. Try selecting "recycle" instead of "outside" air on the ventilation selector. Check for any oil spills that could be drafting towards the fresh air intake.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Soon I will be moving to that area and this is the second post I have seen about bad service at the Rock Hill dealership. I will definitely look elsewhere for service.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Also, if your having trouble with a dealership I would call Toyota and report the condition to them. I had a bad sales situation with a local dealership; and as a result Toyota documented my case and put me in contact with the regional manager in my area who then agreed to sell me A truck at invoice. If this dealership if providing bad service I would contact Toyota directly and file a report.

TOYOTA CUSTOMER SERVICE
Phone: 800-331-4331
Mon - Fri, 5:00 am - 6:00 pm PT
Sat, 7:00 am - 4:00 pm PT
Fax: 310-468-7814

Or send correspondence to:
Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
19001 South Western Ave.
Dept. WC11
Torrance, CA 90501

1 - 4 of 4 Posts