Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Copied from tundratalk.
First off, I searched a bunch and pretty much everything is on new vehicles. It will be used because I live in Canada and cannot purchase new in the states. I realize dealers jack used prices, pretty much all dealership asking prices I've looked at are more than good negotiated prices on new vehicles.

I'm looking at a 2010 DC 4x4 with the 4.6l and a few options

(CK) Cold Weather Package
(EV) AM/FM/MP3 CD player,steering wheel audio controls and 6 speakers
(HM) Outside mirrors-power, heated, black
(OF) TRD Off-Road Package: 18" Alloy Wheels, Fog Lamps, Fuel Tank Skid Plate, Tow Package
(PE) bucket seats with 8-way manual adjustable driver's and 4-way adjustable passenger seats
(RL) Daytime running lights
(WR) Sliding rear window w/ privacy glass

Price is 34,700 new with delivery fees. Invoice is approx 32,000 (edmunds) Cash Back in Seattle is 2,500

Before tax approx 30,000 if I payed $500 over invoice new.

So, my question is how much should I realistically pay for this vehicle with 5,000 miles on it? What should I aim for or start out with? Dealer is asking 32k which is about average from what I can see. I think 28,000-28,500 is fair? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought (waiting for delivery) a 2010 crewmax 4x4, 5.7, grade w/ cold package, tow package, enhanced radio with bluetooth, running boards, bedliner for $30,995 before ttl. Massachusetts has $2k rebate and 0% for 5 yrs.....

·
Registered
420 Posts
I just bought (waiting for delivery) a 2010 crewmax 4x4, 5.7, grade w/ cold package, tow package, enhanced radio with bluetooth, running boards, bedliner for $30,995 before ttl. Massachusetts has $2k rebate and 0% for 5 yrs.....
Usually you are only eligable for the rebate that is available when you take delivery, hopefully when your truck comes in they will still have the $2k rebate.

·
Registered
754 Posts
im playing the waiting game also have a tundra getting built hopefully it gets here this month and hopefully again if it does not then next month have higher rebates....man the folks got lucky years ago when they offered what 5k rebates in 07?
Usually you are only eligable for the rebate that is available when you take delivery, hopefully when your truck comes in they will still have the $2k rebate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
28/34.5 is approx 19% of msrp. It would be nice to get more off but realistically is this not approx what i should pay? I realize the higher end models there is more room to play with. I'm sort of looking for people that have experience either as a salesmen or someone who has bought used toyotas and went through the negotiations.

·
Registered
754 Posts
thats just it they dont want to negotiate with you a used toyota...thats why buying new is better for the price your paying now. shooting for 15% off msrp off a brand new one is better thats including rebates though. YOu do not know what the other person put through on the 5k miles..it could of been racing or something daily. you dont need to get a higher model either...just get a new one....for the price your paying why if not then just put your offer in for the price you think is FAIR then walk out let it be dont play games with them becuase thats what they want from you.
28/34.5 is approx 19% of msrp. It would be nice to get more off but realistically is this not approx what i should pay? I realize the higher end models there is more room to play with. I'm sort of looking for people that have experience either as a salesmen or someone who has bought used toyotas and went through the negotiations.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I was about to trade in my 06' for an 08 CM 5.7L 4x4 and the truck would be about $30k w/ 13,000mi.... After Negotiation it would have been about 24.5k but I couldn't do it....:mad:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Copied from tundratalk.
First off, I searched a bunch and pretty much everything is on new vehicles. It will be used because I live in Canada and cannot purchase new in the states. QUOTE]

1st problem is this. Being Canadian I cannot purchase new from the states. Correct me if this part is wrong... A few years ago automakers refused to warranty usa vehicles brought in to canada. A class action lawsuit ensued and they now warranty. They got crafty. Toyota couldn't say no to consumers because of NAFTA so they said fine, we'll screw the dealers of incentives if they choose to sell, knowing the vehicle is for export. USA dealers wont sell new to Canadians because of this. Period.

So...why not buy new in Canada? Well...

A crewmax platinum with nav no extra add ons, after rebate, cant negotiate in Canada is 50,500
Same truck in seattle if able to negotiate 15% total off including rebates is 40,800. Factor in tax of 12% + financing at 6% or so (cant combine all rebates in canada with financing. Financing is still 2.9%) and you're looking at 1200 extra for taxes and $2500 for financing the extra $. Works out after bringing across the border and all fees to $13,xxx in savings.

Model I'm looking at is 35,000 MSRP in USA, 40,200 in Canada. 35,000 at 15% off 29,750 in USA. In Canada can be brought down to 36,700. Factor in financing and taxes and I'm looking at spending 9-10k more in Canada for the same frickin thing buying new. See?

·
Registered
754 Posts
lookslike u have your mind made up i say go for it
Copied from tundratalk.
First off, I searched a bunch and pretty much everything is on new vehicles. It will be used because I live in Canada and cannot purchase new in the states. QUOTE]

1st problem is this. Being Canadian I cannot purchase new from the states. Correct me if this part is wrong... A few years ago automakers refused to warranty usa vehicles brought in to canada. A class action lawsuit ensued and they now warranty. They got crafty. Toyota couldn't say no to consumers because of NAFTA so they said fine, we'll screw the dealers of incentives if they choose to sell, knowing the vehicle is for export. USA dealers wont sell new to Canadians because of this. Period.

So...why not buy new in Canada? Well...

A crewmax platinum with nav no extra add ons, after rebate, cant negotiate in Canada is 50,500
Same truck in seattle if able to negotiate 15% total off including rebates is 40,800. Factor in tax of 12% + financing at 6% or so (cant combine all rebates in canada with financing. Financing is still 2.9%) and you're looking at 1200 extra for taxes and $2500 for financing the extra $. Works out after bringing across the border and all fees to $13,xxx in savings.

Model I'm looking at is 35,000 MSRP in USA, 40,200 in Canada. 35,000 at 15% off 29,750 in USA. In Canada can be brought down to 36,700. Factor in financing and taxes and I'm looking at spending 9-10k more in Canada for the same frickin thing buying new. See?

·
Registered
136 Posts
tybiggs,

Check your site email for a pm I sent you regarding a used 2010 Tundra for sale here in the states.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts