Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the sealant for the first time today and really liked how it worked, it applied real easy and buffed off nice!! I made a before and after video of the bottle being placed on the hood. !!Results you can see!!

Before

After

·
Registered
374 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Your low resolution video camera didn't do much justice. I'd rather see good quality still pics of before and after than a video of a now empty bottle sliding down your hood.:cool:

I'm not trying to discredit the product, I just couldn't see much of what the product did besides sliding off your hood after you moved the truck to a new location (possibly parked slightly noise down??).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your low resolution video camera didn't do much justice. I'd rather see good quality still pics of before and after than a video of a now empty bottle sliding down your hood.:cool:

I'm not trying to discredit the product, I just couldn't see much of what the product did besides sliding off your hood after you moved the truck to a new location (possibly parked slightly noise down??).

Just moved the truck over a little bit to get more shade on it and it was still on level ground oh and the bottle was still half full.;) Not trying to sell any products here :D just playing around a little bit. I did the bottle thing because when i was young I would wax my dads truck he always did that to check my work.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have also used it and I think it works well.....my bottle would also not stay on the hood either :tu: ....I was pleased with the product.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well, I personally believe that "we all believe" what we buy is the best. Such as different waxes, etc. Last year I personally bit the bullet and bought 5 Star Shine ($75). I researched this product on the internet and found good enough information to warrant my purchase. Their claim stands true. I applied their product to my silver 05 DC last summer, which was much easier than removing dried/hazed wax. Water still beads just like day one, bugs seem a bit easier to remove from the front of the vehicle. I've tried all types of waxes in the past (mothers, meguires, etc) and they were all good but one application never lasted over a year like this stuff. If anyone's interested, do a search on 5 star shine.

·
Registered
374 Posts
wax = not for clear coats. takes all wax off and reapplies every time.
polish = adds to clear coat every time. will penetrate deeper the higher polymer count and the longer it is left on. apply in temps above 60 and below 100 not in direct sunlight.

i have used EVERYTHING for most part and i was very disappointed with the TOYOTA sealant that he is describing. research the web and find the polish of your choice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have an unused bottle of toyota sealant that I am willing to sell to anyone who wants it. PM me with an offer.

Thanks
SheerRockO

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree this is defiantly not the best wax I've used (in fact it's not even really wax) but it did what it was supposed to do and it was free. (well included with the truck I bought) If you want the best and longest lasting wax use a boat/marine wax nothing lasts longer.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
wax = not for clear coats. takes all wax off and reapplies every time.
polish = adds to clear coat every time. will penetrate deeper the higher polymer count and the longer it is left on. apply in temps above 60 and below 100 not in direct sunlight.

i have used EVERYTHING for most part and i was very disappointed with the TOYOTA sealant that he is describing. research the web and find the polish of your choice.

boy you are wrong in almost every aspect of what you wrote. Check in the detail forum for the "right" information. :eek: Wax and sealants are what clear coats need (and will not hurt them). The wax/sealants seal in the proper finish created by a polish. Polishing is what creates the wet look shine, and removes noticable paint defects. A wax is ok for clear, and a polish will NOT add to clear coat. Please go back and check your info.

The toyoguard is better than nothing at all, but there is much better out there for much less money and effort.

awtCZ-You are serioulsy doing wrong with the bottle trick. You are scratching the hell out of your hood letting that bottle slide off of it like that. I applaud you for at least waxing your truck, but keep the bottles on the shelf.;)

Can we get this moved to the detail forum plz mods?:)

·
Registered
374 Posts
it doesnt add to the actual clear coat itself son, it simply adds to the polish that was already applied instead of removing all of it like a wax would. it doesnt hurt a clear coat to wax it, it just removes everything and reapplies wax when you use it. todays polishes (if you get the right ones) last longer and bond to the clear coats. (like you posted in your detailing forum)if you want to kill yourself applying wax on a dc have at it. i have owned everything from exotic sports cars to trucks to soccer mom cars. i want what is going to give me the deepest shine, best protection, and the best durability with the most efficient use of my time. (i dont have 12 hours to detail my ride like i used to) i have spent literally thousands over the past 19 years perfecting my rides. i can see how you misunderstood me.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
it doesnt add to the actual clear coat itself son, it simply adds to the polish that was already applied instead of removing all of it like a wax would. it doesnt hurt a clear coat to wax it, it just removes everything and reapplies wax when you use it. todays polishes (if you get the right ones) last longer and bond to the clear coats. (like you posted in your detailing forum)if you want to kill yourself applying wax on a dc have at it.quote]

You are still misinformed "son". A pure wax (carnauba is what a wax is, anything else is synthetic sealant) will NOT remove anything. Matter of fact, it is common practice to "top" a synthetic sealant with a nuba (wax) for more durability and protection. A wax, just like a sealant, will bond to the clear. It's all dependant on what you use and how you use it.

And you should definatly not be killing yourself applying anything on any car. Modern waxes/sealants are made for easy application. The "wax" that I use most often is Natty's Blue, and it takes me about 5-10min to wax a DC tundra. Also, the sealant I use most often Meguiars #21 takes a measly 5min to apply and remove.

Seems like you are still in the stone age on what waxes/sealants are and how to use them, I think you need to go to Autopia and read up.;)

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
....and it takes me about 5-10min to wax a DC tundra. Also, the sealant I use most often Meguiars #21 takes a measly 5min to apply and remove.
Dang Dude, your sneakers must be smoking ...lol... ;)

Waxing my Access Cab takes forever, but it aint easy getting older.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Dang Dude, your sneakers must be smoking ...lol... ;)

Waxing my Access Cab takes forever, but it aint easy getting older.

Honestly, the trick is prep. If you clay the surface to remove imbedded contaminants, then the applicator pad glides easier over the surface. If you polish to "level" the paint and remove any imperfections that may have arose due to age, then the applicator mitt again glides easier over the surface. And the final thing. If using a carnauba wax, dont let it "haze". Take it off immediatly after you put it on. Carnauba does not have to "bond" on a molecular level to the paint so it can be taken off as soon as it touches paint.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts