Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Based on what I’ve seen, I am extremely disappointed.
I will never dispute smaller displacement turbo charged engine can “out preform” larger displacement, But some people just prefer an eight cylinder. I always buy my vehicles 10 years old with at least 100, if not 200,000 well documented miles. This is not the case with our main family vehicle, but it is for second and third vehicles. So disappointed to know it will be turbo charged six cylinders. No chance they are 500,000 mile vehicles like the old eight cylinder ones. Also, does anybody know if they deleted the bench seat? That is critical for a family of six that occasionally need to use up their truck

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so just read no more bench.
My take away: if I can still find a 1946 Chevy truck in original condition out west that would make the drive home (rare, difficult, but doable) I’ll be good and dead before I need to buy newer than 2021. Maybe I’m an old soul, a hopeless romantic, and/or a dedicated dad, but I like that middle seat. I like that my wife can sit next to me. I like that all 4
Kids can come in the truck. I like that when it’s just me and my oldest kid (little still) he can sit there and hang with dad, not on the passenger seat with an airbag…. So so bummed.
The good news is I love my 2008 and it’s only got 195,700. Should be good for another 10 years if we keep the salt off. Then I’ll get a 2018 or so for unlimited money from an old guy or woman in the west. Then I’ll be like 60 before I need another one

1 - 2 of 2 Posts