Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys we wanted to share our dyno run. This is with the stock exhaust system. The first 3 pulls we were trying to find the sweet spot.

We'll be doing 2 more runs after this, one with a set of Doug Thorley headers (560Y-C) then another one with a cat back system (still debating the best setup)

Enjoy!

UPDATE

OK here is the run with the headers installed.

The headers added about 20 horsepower, you can definitely feel the difference!

Next is catback exhaust and maybe high flow cats. We'll do another dyno run after they've been installed and post video.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Nice. Hope to see the rest soon!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Those are some nice numbers.... Given what most manufacturers claim in gains for exhaust and header upgrades... You should get real close to TRD's SC claims... Hell.. maybe even beyond...
Although it could be the roar of the dyno drowning it out, but your SC definitely sounds quieter than mine.... I wonder if it has anything to do with the exhaust holding it back....

Will be very interesting to see what ya'll come up with...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Very nice numbers!:tu:

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Wicked.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Good work; just for sh*ts and giggles, install LT headers & custom exhaust with no cats & URD Module or Unichip. :first:

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Sounding and looking great! Can't wait to see your numbers with the headers and exhaust....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Those are some nice numbers.... Given what most manufacturers claim in gains for exhaust and header upgrades... You should get real close to TRD's SC claims... Hell.. maybe even beyond...
Although it could be the roar of the dyno drowning it out, but your SC definitely sounds quieter than mine.... I wonder if it has anything to do with the exhaust holding it back....

Will be very interesting to see what ya'll come up with...
IT sounds like you are trying to say that Toyotas numbers don't stack up against what the real world is showing on the dyno???

444 Wheel Horse Power is more than what toyota claims if you base it upon 15-20% Drive Line Loss. What makes it more impressive is the amt of rolling weight of the 35's!

500 hp at the crank with 15% drive line loss (which is very very low, its probably more) nets 425hp at the wheels.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Nice results. Looking forward to seeing the gains with the longtube headers. If you're still undecided on the exhaust...just had my Flowmaster Super50 muffler swapped out and replaced it with Flowmaster Super44 custom made for a dual in/out and it sounds good with noticeable low end gain.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
IT sounds like you are trying to say that Toyotas numbers don't stack up against what the real world is showing on the dyno???

444 Wheel Horse Power is more than what toyota claims if you base it upon 15-20% Drive Line Loss. What makes it more impressive is the amt of rolling weight of the 35's!

500 hp at the crank with 15% drive line loss (which is very very low, its probably more) nets 425hp at the wheels.
I did mine on a dyno dynamics dynamometer.I got 436.4 the tuner guy that did the pulls said that would be about give or take 515 to 520 at the crank:eek:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts