Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 slate DC longbed Tundra that I am currently running 18" Moto Metal 951c's with 33" toyo MT's and I like it but the Moto Metals chrome is flaking off so I am considering other wheels. I liked the look of the chrome but since it is flaking off I don't want to deal with it anymore.
Does the machine face have a more durable coating on the wheel, or should I just blast and paint my Moto Metal's gloss black and be done. I considered powder coating them but the local powder coating place wanted $100-$125/wheel and that is almost the price of new wheels.
Anyone have any experience with the machine face V-Tec's? or any pics of them on a Tundra?

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Vision builts V-Tec wheels and they are great quality. The black machined Off-Road has a clear coat for added protection. I have never seen any complaints regarding this wheel. I couldn't find any pictures of the black machined finish on a Tundra but here are some in the other finishes.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pics. If I decide to order them I will be ordering them from your website you have a great price on them.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I thought for some reason I'd see a honda powered off road machine here.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
did you ever purchase the wheels? I am looking at the same ones and sure would like to see them on your ride if you ended up getting them?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts