Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
That little radiator is the transmission oil cooler. The engine oil cooler is an area near the oil filter where small hoses deliver coolant from the radiator to take heat away from the engine oil, unless there is something new on the 03's that is not on my 00.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
TundraV84Me said:
Is that fan in front of your radiator an add-on or OEM?

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
SATundra said:
:cry: Thats not fair.
It was a very HOT and DRY summer here in Western, NC. I didn't have any overheat problems, just some lazy A/C... A little added insurance never hurt anyone though, huh?

·
Registered
487 Posts
All of the Toyota V-8's have a "water to oil" oil cooler. It is sanwiched between the filter and block. This cooler is VERY effective in maintaining proper oil temperature. The Tundra and Sequoia both have a "clutch fan" operated by the serpintine belt on the motor. Only the Sequoia (with rear AC I believe) has a front mounted electric "pusher" fan mounted on the radiator (condenser) visible to the right when the hood is open. All 2000-2001 Tundras and Sequoias have an "air to oil" transmission cooler. This is the smaller plate cooler (radiator visible to the left as you open the hood). All Tundras and Sequoias (as most cars with an automatic transmission) have a "water to oil" transmission fluid cooler. This is installed in the lower radiator "tank" and the rubber inlet and outlet lines are easily seen when the skid plate is removed.

·
Premium Member
6,435 Posts
That fan on the Sequoia's is the Condensor Fan, which is part of the Air Conditioning System. Parts are:

Fan Shroud - 884540C010
Condenser Fan Motor - 8855034010
Condenser Cooling Fan Blade - 884530C010

1 - 14 of 14 Posts