Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The metal collar on the assembly that the PCV valve goes into appears to be crimped over the PCV valve on two sides. It looks like it was crimped at the factory. My truck is a 2004 4.7 liter V8. This crimping prevents me from removing the PCV valve even with pliers and I am afraid I am going to break it off if I keep twisting and pulling...anyone elses 2004 have this issue? I got it to move up about .5mm but the crimped metal is cutting into the PCV.

Thanks,

Bearden

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
It's threaded. When you reinstall torque to 20 ftlbs

Attachments

·
7,925 Posts
2004 DC with the 4.7 the PCV is threaded on mine as well.

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
2004 DC with the 4.7 the PCV is threaded on mine as well.

Hmmm... maybe another difference between DC and AC? Doesn't make sense though. Same engine as yours and same model year.

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,540 Posts
I suspect there was a change between the 2000-2002 years (grommet install) and later models (threaded). Wierd. Maybe a member with an '03 can post up what theirs looks like...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have an '03 AC...mine has a foam jacket over the PVC...Try pulling it, and it's stuck on solid. From the looks of it from the side, mine is threaded I'm sure.

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,540 Posts
I have an '03 AC...mine has a foam jacket over the PVC...Try pulling it, and it's stuck on solid. From the looks of it from the side, mine is threaded I'm sure.
You can't tell from that. Slide off the foam elbow, pull the hose, and see how the valve component is installed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sorry I wasn't clear.

I did took off the foam jacket and pull the hose aside. The valve is threaded for sure.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Isn't it screwed into the top of the valve cover?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys...I'm still not sure if the metal threaded part that goes in the valve cover is part of the PCV, I've heard both ways. The picture that is posted has the whole unit (plastic and threaded metal). I will head to the parts store and see what they have. Thanks for all the replies.

Bearden

1 - 12 of 12 Posts