Toyota Tundra Forums banner

VA Dirt Road Driving

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  FirstGenTundra 
#1 ·
Hello guys! I'm new to VA and new to Tundra's, I have been a Jeep guy for years but lifestyle changes turned me to a Tundra. My question is, does anyone know of some good places to do some dirt road driving in VA or NC? I'm in SE VA. The reason I say "dirt road driving" is that I have a stock Tundra right now and I'm just looking for some nice drives with good views that are pavement free. I know the limitations of my rig and my driving skills(pretty high) and I'm just looking for some easy drives. I'm thinking about just exploring the forest service roads in GWNF and surrounding areas. Anyone have any good places?
Thanks guys
Here is a picture of my rig so far

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Kind of a late response to this one but its the most recent for VA. I know of a trail I'd like to visit once it gets a little warmer out near the GWNF west of Harrisonburg, VA. Its out route 33. Flagpole knob and from what I understand it won't tear up a stock vehicle ( I have not been there yet). Apparently its a pretty good place to camp too. If anyone goes out there I'd like to tag along. Don't like wheeling alone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.