Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
I wonder why Toyota just doesn't say "V6 Only". Many owners would have no clue that "1GR-FE" pertains only to the V6 engine.

I'm no conspiracy nut but could it be that by listing it in this way, some dealers are able to sell services that aren't required?

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I wonder why Toyota just doesn't say "V6 Only". Many owners would have no clue that "1GR-FE" pertains only to the V6 engine.

I'm no conspiracy nut but could it be that by listing it in this way, some dealers are able to sell services that aren't required?
I won't dispute that at all, because it seems to be working...

·
Registered
661 Posts
in this cripple fight, you should have learned one thing. the only reason to have the adjustments checked is due to wear. how do you keep the wear to a min so you never have to check them? clean oil. the more clean oil the better. yspert

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I won't dispute that at all, because it seems to be working...
Thanks for choosing (insert dealer name here) for your $149.95 5,000 mile service check up, let me run through your service, we looked at your serpentine belt, added spme washer fluid, looked at your air filter, checked your tire pressure (added 1lb to each tire), checked your wiper blades, changed your oil and filter, oh yes and we inspected and adjusted your floating caliper disc brakes. Please see the cashier to pay your bill and pick up your keys. :D

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Thanks for choosing (insert dealer name here) for your $149.95 5,000 mile service check up, let me run through your service, we looked at your serpentine belt, added spme washer fluid, looked at your air filter, checked your tire pressure (added 1lb to each tire), checked your wiper blades, changed your oil and filter, oh yes and we inspected and adjusted your floating caliper disc brakes. Please see the cashier to pay your bill and pick up your keys. :D
Right, LOL
Here there fine chap, take this $200, thanks for the crappy wash job and bringing it around front for me, you just go ahead and keep the change...see you for the 10k, is the vaseline included?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Right, LOL
Here there fine chap, take this $200, thanks for the crappy wash job and bringing it around front for me, you just go ahead and keep the change...see you for the 10k, is the vaseline included?:rolleyes:
LOL I actually got a half a$$ wash job last week when I took mine in for 10,000 mile oil change (brought in my own Mobil 1 0W20), at least the wash got rid of the mud rain dust we had blow through, oh and I got free washer fluid and air in one tire!!!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Yes they are if you study the valve train components the way they're set up. Although they're in a totally different place and arrangement, they function basically like "conventional" lifters from camshaft to pushrod on a non overhead cam engine.

I respectfully disagree.........the bucket on the 4.7 is basically a spacer between the cam lobe and valve. It doesn't "lift" anything.

A "lifter" on an OHV motor acts between the cam lobe and "lifts" the pushrod that acts on a rocker arm.

The "lifter" on the 5.7 "MAY" be more related to the OHV motor in that it bacically preloads a rocker arm.

I think "pusher" would be a better name.....LOL!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I get the no valve adjustment on the 5.7. Did someone also say no T-Belt change? (ever??)

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I get the no valve adjustment on the 5.7. Did someone also say no T-Belt change? (ever??)
OMG, your kidding, right?:eek::cry:

OK, just in case you aren't joking...The 5.7 does not have a timing belt...it has timing chains...4 of em and you should not have to change them for the life of the engine.:D:tu:

Here...read up...

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
OMG, your kidding, right?:eek::cry:

OK, just in case you aren't joking...The 5.7 does not have a timing belt...it has timing chains...4 of em and you should not have to change them for the life of the engine.:D:tu:

Here...read up...
Great attatchments . thank you for posting them . i found something intresting on page 24 there seem to be 2 different tunnings for the 5.7L

·
Registered
1 Posts
Those buckets are Lifting the valve off the seat, there for they are lifters doing the same thing as lifters do in push rod motors.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
22 Participants
Finder
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing