Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a refundable deposit down on a 07 tundra limited and the sales person told me toyota's have a no bs price. So he said he could not give me even 100$ off this truck and I am putting 15-20 down with and not leasing it.
I am in Vancouver Canada and I have figure this out in the morning.
I have seen a few guys getting on here thousands of $ off retail?
Thanks for any help
:)
Very excited to own a truck again.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I put a refundable deposit down on a 07 tundra limited and the sales person told me toyota's have a no bs price. So he said he could not give me even 100$ off this truck and I am putting 15-20 down with and not leasing it.
I am in Vancouver Canada and I have figure this out in the morning.
I have seen a few guys getting on here thousands of $ off retail?
Thanks for any help
:)
Very excited to own a truck again.
What are you trying to figure out? If you did a refundable deposit, then you can always negotiate when the truck comes in

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Buy it in the US and import it to Canada. I refuse to buy a Toyota in BC (Canada) because of the dealers price fixing (Access Toyota). I have three US Tundra's and they are great. The Dealers in the USA are much more competitive and very professional. Just DO NOT buy from the local guys if they aren't offering you a good deal. Once they lose enough sales they will soon sharpen up!:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I agree. I'm not saying all dealerships are bad, but I dont appreciate most of their tatics that they use. No matter how honest a dealership tells you they are I still have not had one say we have dealer incentives available on a certain vehicle. It pays to do your homework that's for sure.

·
Registered
263 Posts
GrounD~PoundeR wrote: No matter how honest a dealership tells you they are I still have not had one say we have dealer incentives available on a certain vehicle. It pays to do your homework that's for sure.
There's a reason it's called a "Manufacturer-to-Dealer" incentive! You're right though; doing your reserach enpowers you to put your own deal together. Every vehicle that I've ever bought, which had a MFD incentive was passed onto me, once I let the them know I was aware of the offer.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I agree. I'm not saying all dealerships are bad, but I dont appreciate most of their tatics that they use. No matter how honest a dealership tells you they are I still have not had one say we have dealer incentives available on a certain vehicle. It pays to do your homework that's for sure.
this dealer cash that was available last month is a rare program to Toyota in Norcal. We rarely have dealer cash. Normally it is just customer cash. I wouldnt be surprised if the person you talked to didnt even know about it.

But of course it pays to do your homework

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry for being bitter. I'm still doing my home work on the Tundra. I have not had a chance to go by any of the dealers yet.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Sorry for being bitter. I'm still doing my home work on the Tundra. I have not had a chance to go by any of the dealers yet.
And why would you, the only thing you should ever do at a dealership is test drive the car, appraise your trade and get the hell out of there. Do your negotiating over the phone, email, fax, any place other than the Lions Den.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts