Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 50k and have the platinum warranty(7year/100k). any reason why the ac vent and sinking dash would not be covered?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
well if its under the factory bumper to bumper 3/36k mile warranty then it "should be"....but after that, no extended warranty covers trim items...none. so, no, it wont be covered if u are over 36k miles or beyond 3 years....

·
Registered
859 Posts
Sorry dude, but Barney nailed it.

However, I believe someone posted a fix to the sinking dash on here somewhere. Also, it's always worth giving the Toyota Customer Experience line a call, they MAY fix it as a goodwill thing, as they are really tring to work on the image thing right now. Not great chances for a trim problem but always worth a phone call.

·
Registered
44 Posts
For the sinking dash.

The TSB on this is T-SB-0391-09

I think it is posted somewhere on this site. If you need the TSB pm me and I will send it to you.

If your vin number is in range and your truck was built at TMMI then your dealer should cover it. Mine did no problem

Good luck.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
in posts right in the tsb's its a 3/36 repair....

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
http://www.toyotafinancial.com/consumer/ShowBinary/BEA Repository/tfs/en_US/document/TFS_Platinum.pdf

ITEMS NOT COVERED
[FONT=Neutra Text TF Alt,Neutra Text TF Alt][FONT=Neutra Text TF Alt,Neutra Text TF Alt]Accessory Drive Belts; Batteries; Body Panels; Brake Linings, Pads and Shoes, Rotors and Drums; Bumpers; Carpet; Chrome; Clutch Friction Disc and Pressure Plate; Dash Cover and Pad; Door Trim, Handles, and Fabric; Filters; Fluids; Glass (including Windshields); Headliner; Heating Hoses, Lines and Tubes; Hinges; Hoses; Hybrid Vehicle Battery Pack; Hybrid Vehicle Battery Plug Assembly; Hybrid Vehicle Relay Assembly; Hybrid Vehicle Supply Battery Assembly; Interior and Exterior Trim Moldings, including but not limited to Ashtrays, Covers, Cup Holders, and Vents; Lamps (Back-up, Fog Light, Side Marker, and Turn Signal Light Assemblies); Light Bulbs; Nuts, Bolts, Clips, Retainers, and Fasteners; Paint; Rust and Corrosion Damage; Seat Covers; Sheet Metals; Shiny Metals; Spark Plugs; Structural Framework and Welds; Tires; Vacuum Hoses, Lines and Tubes; Weather Stripping; Wheels and Rims; Windshield Wiper
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

It expressly excludes dash cover and pad. It could be argued that since the warranty expressly excludes the cover and pad, that the framework should be a covered item. If they declined the repair, I would try another dealer, ask for the zone rep or call the customer service line.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
its got nothing to do with the dealer,,,, dealer calls xcare with the part # or warranty operation code for repair needed.. they tell the dealer yes or no.... then give a authorization and amount bla bla , and the repair is done or refused.... we make a ton of money off xcare warranty.. they pay us like the customer would.. no different,,,

·
Registered
36 Posts
Get down on the passenger floorboard and look straight up to the area where the dash is sagging. Notice the bracket just under the plastic, it was designed to support the area that is now sagging, Toyota's fix is a two inch peice of foam or plastic insulation set on top of the bracket to raise the RH corner on the dash. I obtained a peice of rubber and a flashlight and I'm happy anytime I can avoid the dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts