Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend is considering the Venza AWD V6 which comes with 20s. I'm curious how it will handle in the snow.

The vehicle has AWD and a bunch of nannies to keep you from having any fun, but do they actually help?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dont have AWD, no need, but that V6 hauls and the car itself is alot of fun! Had ours since December, lots of fun. Traction control is ok, only bother I have is if you press the brake hard at a full stop, when you release, one of the "nannies" holds the car in place for a few seconds, even after letter go of the brake. Scares me for my wife sometimes as the car might drift forward if shes not paying attention.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My Mom drives a V6 AWD for the past 2 winters. Handles very well in the snow....has a nice stable feel. Went to 18" rims with Toyo G02's for winter time....very grippy combo. I'm not a huge fun of the electronic nannies, but they are a nice safety net on the highway, particularily when it's your GF, wife, mom, etc driving it. If you want to have fun with it, you can turn the systems partially or fully off with the VSC button. Push for partially disable. Push and hold while at a stop until the dummy lights change for full.

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Mom drives a V6 AWD for the past 2 winters. Handles very well in the snow....has a nice stable feel. Went to 18" rims with Toyo G02's for winter time....very grippy combo. I'm not a huge fun of the electronic nannies, but they are a nice safety net on the highway, particularily when it's your GF, wife, mom, etc driving it. If you want to have fun with it, you can turn the systems partially or fully off with the VSC button. Push for partially disable. Push and hold while at a stop until the dummy lights change for full.
Are the factory tires bad on snow?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have one, the AWD works great in the snow. Quick car too, same 3.5l that's in the Avalon. Does better than my Chevy 4x4 in the snow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts