Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealers in my area got their first CrewMax a week ago, but it was only one or two trucks per dealer. Meanwhile, all dealers have lots full of the DoubleCabs. I see haulers coming in every day with trucks aboard - sometimes two haulers a day per dealer. Yet the haulers are still not bringing any 'more' CrewMaxes since the first ones arrived. Sooner or later I would expect the numbers of CrewMaxes to swell, but it hasn't happened yet.

Kinda makes me wonder if the manufacturing schedule is still focused on the doublecab.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Dealers in my area got their first CrewMax a week ago, but it was only one or two trucks per dealer. Meanwhile, all dealers have lots full of the DoubleCabs. I see haulers coming in every day with trucks aboard - sometimes two haulers a day per dealer. Yet the haulers are still not bringing any 'more' CrewMaxes since the first ones arrived. Sooner or later I would expect the numbers of CrewMaxes to swell, but it hasn't happened yet.

Kinda makes me wonder if the manufacturing schedule is still focused on the doublecab.
Like I said before. I was always told that crewmaxes were not going to hit the dealerships hard until June. The allocation that I just got shows the next batch to arrive in June. Crazy, so what I was originally told looks like it is going to be the case so far. They should have just called them 2008s

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I said before. I was always told that crewmaxes were not going to hit the dealerships hard until June. The allocation that I just got shows the next batch to arrive in June. Crazy, so what I was originally told looks like it is going to be the case so far. They should have just called them 2008s
Very strange indeed, if true. That's going to send a lot of guys who were holding out until late March/early April to other makes. Waiting until April is one thing, but waiting until June is another.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
that maybe true but I have never been telling anyone that they will be here any sooner so it wont affect me.

I would much rather say june and have it show up in April then to tell people April and have to explain why it isnt here until June.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Careful, someone might accuse you of shooting straight and being honest. I sure wish I could deal with you on my truck.

Say, I wonder if my local dealer would allow me to go through a SF California dealership and I can just take delivery here in my own hometown? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
193 Posts
One local dealer shows they have 6 instock, but they haven't had the first one hit the lot yet. I wonder whats up with Toyotas tracking system. I was also told late may/early june to special order a crewmax, hopefully there is one I like in allocation that we can snag before gulf states gets a hold of it.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I went to a Toyota dealership in my area just yesterday to see if they had the CMs in yet. When I went the first time in February, they said to check back in early March. So I went in early March and they said that the CMs should be in stock near the end of the month. So, again, I went yesterday and now they're saying that it is likely that they won't be in until the beginning of May! He did show me the Slate with Red Rock interior (exactly as I wanted) in a double-cab with all the goodies I wanted, but I told him that I wasn't interested in it because I need the back-seat room. He explained the bed was shorter on the CM and I told him that even though I liked the standard bed the best, that sacrificing some bed space for the interior is a must for me.
In any case, I gotta think that Toyota may have gotten their numbers wrong on what to produce. They said 15% standard cab, 60% double cab, and 25% crewmax. I think it should be more like 10% standard cab, 50% double cab, 40% crewmax. Maybe even have the dc and cm numbers reversed. Virtually everyone I know that is interested in it is waiting for the cm.
On a positive note, the limited interior is very nice and the Nav system is much more advanced than in most vehicles. I like Acura's new nav systems better (I think they're the best in the business), but this is pretty good considering what is available in other trucks.
Anyhow, I'm pretty sure that crewmax trucks won't last long on the lots when they finally do arrive...:D

·
Registered
237 Posts
WOW, I've got to consider myself extremely luck with the CrewMax. I put down a deposit and placed my order on Feb, 10th. Kept checking with my salesman every two weeks about an expected delivery date. The last time I talked to him was March, 14th, and he tells me the same thing...nothing yet. This past Saturday I decide to stop by the dealership, and guess what, their first CM was delivered the previous day. They print out the specs on this CM and it's the same Truck that I ordered, but without 1 option, the Towing Mirrors. So now I'm all excited and wanting to see the Truck, but it has to be prepped etc, so they ask me to come back in 3 hours. I went back later and all I've got to say is "WOW". This CM is fantastic:tu: I returned my '04 DC, signed some papers and brought her home. They did tell me that their next CM will not be available for another 2 months. After reading all the comments on this thread, it looks like that's true:confused:

Here's a picture taken Sunday morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I'd say that you are pretty damn lucky. You've got to wonder, though, about your salesman that you called every couple of weeks. If you hadn't gone over to the dealership, yourself, someone else would have strolled onto the lot that day or the next and bought it. Either he had no knowledge, at all, of the type of CrewMaxes that were coming in or he knew and they had no intention of selling that one for under MSRP. Perhaps they thought you were firm your specs.

I have a feeling, though, that right now they are thinking that they still have the same number of CrewMaxes "sold" (you would have bought the one coming in later) and they don't have one on the lot right now that they could use for test drives and then sell at MSRP.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would say it depends on the trim level. My local dealer has had a CrewMax sitting on the lot for a week now. It's a white SR5 with an MSRP of around $33K. It's a nice truck, but a little too 'bare bones' for my taste. I suspect others have passed on it for that reason, too. If I could find one at a decent trim level, I'd buy it NOW. All I've seen thus far are trucks with either too little or too much. Too much for me is added moonroof, DVD headrests, satellite radio and the other "nose picker" type options. Those I don't need.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'd say that you are pretty damn lucky. You've got to wonder, though, about your salesman that you called every couple of weeks. If you hadn't gone over to the dealership, yourself, someone else would have strolled onto the lot that day or the next and bought it. Either he had no knowledge, at all, of the type of CrewMaxes that were coming in or he knew and they had no intention of selling that one for under MSRP. Perhaps they thought you were firm your specs.

I have a feeling, though, that right now they are thinking that they still have the same number of CrewMaxes "sold" (you would have bought the one coming in later) and they don't have one on the lot right now that they could use for test drives and then sell at MSRP.
I do consider myself luck with this CM, and know for a fact that my salesman was not aware of this CM being delivered the previous day. For that matter, not many at the dealership knew, except for this one guy. Would they have sold it to someone else if I had not stopped by, probably!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ordered my CrewMax Limited 4x4 on Feb. 27th and my order still hasn't been picked up. I agree that Toyota got it wrong in underestimating the demand of the CrewMax. Everyone I know is interested in the CrewMax and the lots are filled with Double Cabs. If it takes until June or later to get my 2007 CM at what point do decide it is just better to order a 2008 and get in August/September. I don't want to have a "new" trucks for only 2-3 months.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Careful, someone might accuse you of shooting straight and being honest. I sure wish I could deal with you on my truck.

Say, I wonder if my local dealer would allow me to go through a SF California dealership and I can just take delivery here in my own hometown? :rolleyes:
I get accused of that all time, it is the burden that I will just have to live with.

sure, they will let me make the money and they can wash it for me,then give it to you,lmao

1 - 13 of 13 Posts