Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota Tundra 2005

So, over the past few weeks I've noticed my truck starting to vibrate more and more when I brake. I can feel in strongly in the steering wheel, as well as in my seat, and very much so in the brake pedal. After doing some searching around the internet, I stumbled across these forums, where I learned about TSBs, or Technical Service Bulletins.

I did some more research, and I found these 2 bulletins:
2005 TOYOTA TUNDRA Bulletin - Vehicle Safety TSB ID 133276
2005 TOYOTA TUNDRA Bulletin - Vehicle Safety TSB ID 146050

Would these apply to my problem? It seems like they do at first glance, but I need a more expert opinion. At first I thought that I just had to replace my rotors and brake pads, but now I'm not so sure. Maybe this is my problem.

Also, if they do, how do I use them to effect? Do I need to print it out and take it with me to my local dealer?

Thanks for any/all help.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Well your problem could be one of several things. Have you checked your rotors to see if they're warped? Is anything loose? Since the problem doesn't manifest itself until you apply the brakes my best guess is that your rotors are warped. If you check them and find them to be warped then I'd suggest buying aftermarket brake gear to replace them with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts