Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had new Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S tires installed on my Tundra and now I feel a vibration that wasn’t there or that I didn’t notice with the original tires. The Yokohama tires are relatively quiet considering the aggressive tread pattern and I had them Road Force Balanced. I can’t feel anything unusual in the steering wheel but I can feel it coming up through the seat and in particular in the center arm rest. I am guessing that the frequency is below the range of normal human hearing. In fact, I am not even sure that it is tire related. It is possible that it has always been there. The vibration isn’t strong enough to be noticed by most passengers but the old champagne glass trick confirmed that it is not my imagination and that it is fairly constant at all highway speeds. Any ideas on how to isolate the vibration would be appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Generally, if you feel it in the seat, its in one of the back tires. I'd say the passenger rear, judging by feeling it in the armrest. I'd take it back to the tire shop and explain to them what its doing. They should rebalance them to try to run down the problem. A weight might have came off, it could be an out of round tire, or perhaps the tire tech just missed something.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I also reccomend getting your tires rebalanced. :tu:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts