Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can feel a vibration in the floor, gas pedal and steering wheel, through the 200 rpm range, most noticeable at about 2000 rpm, its a tight vibration and not a wobble like a wheel balance issue, only vibrates when on the gas, if i lift my foot the vibration is gone... anyone else have this?

2006 DC 4x4 auto.

·
Registered
663 Posts
So whats the fix? This is not normal
It was recommended on another forum that he get his tires rebalanced because someone had the exact same symptoms and that's what resolved theirs.

Maybe tammikm will post here if that fixes it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
single piece driveshaft........eliminate the POS carrier bearing and you will notice a HUGE difference.....

·
Registered
71 Posts
I did not have this problem until I replaced my oem tires w/new ones. Replaced them to factory specs and had them balanced 2 times. I notice now that if my bed has a certain amount of weight in it that it goes away. Just live w/it and move on!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check your universal joints. BLOCK YOUR WHEELS, put trans in neutral and twist on the drive shaft. I will bet there is slop in the joints. My 4 door pre runner had all 3 replaced. they were dust. Now.....smooth as glass and no shake in the steering.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2014 Sequoia and I can feel a tight, intense vibration at 2000 rpm. I have had three mechanics look at it, and they all agree it's there. I had a 2008 Sequoia that did not have this. Most important, it does this in neutral just idling the engine at 2000 rpm. So it's not universal joints, tranny, diff, etc. It's a resonance from the engine that is making it's way to the steering wheel (and floor).

What the heck is getting this vibration through to the wheel??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts