Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 DC TRD and recently noticed when stopped, more of a vibration. I have asked when I have passengers if they noticed and they don't really notice it. Just thought if anyone else has recognized the same thing or I am going crazy. It is not a rattle in the dash or anything in the cab. I feel it when I have my hands on the wheel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Why did you post this in the '07 Tundra section?

Anyways, rotors can get warped causing shuddering when braking.

The only way to fix a warped rotor is to have it "turned" or resurfaced.

If you're braking really hard from a good speed coming up to a red light, you may not want to sit there at the light with your brakes on. If you really heat rotors up and sit there with brake pressure on that can cause the warping. Just throw it in park. Also be easy on new rotors the first day or so and try to not do any heavy braking. It's a bit of theory, but I believe it to be true. ;)

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Main reason for brake problem was probably due to some bafoone with an air ratchet that torqued your lugnuts till the threads were singing "i give"!! Overtorque will distort/warp rotors and is UNCALLED for unless your a "bone head", excuse my tireaid?? just had BJ TSB done and did an after tire removal torque check and found that my 150 Ft Lb torque wrench would not tighten a single front lugnut!! You would think a dealership could at least get a tire R/R done properly but NOT!! my manual for 06 D/C states 83 Ft Lbs is spec!! Hopefully you 07 guys will not have this repatative BJ recall!! Seems they have yet to get this problem taken care of and seems it will only be a matter of when not if the 07's will have this problem!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts