Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is almost no chance of this, but I am curious if there is a video in plug in the back of the new Tundra nav systems. I'm installing a ham radio that has video out so the unit can be displayed on external viewers. The brochure for the radio shows it on a vehicle nav system, but I can't tell what kind of truck is in the picture.

I'd rather not take the dash apart if I know there's nothing there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
There is a video in on the back of the navi, however it's not an rca plug. It is a shielded pair that's wired directly into a multi pin connector. On the tundra's that didn't come from the factory with NAV, the harness does not have this wire/pin, it's actuallyl a completely different plug and the reverse camera video is output to a plug in the overhead console. I have the exact pinout at home, or you can download it from toyota technical solutions website if you have an account.

In any case, you should be able to tap into those wires and wire it into an rca plug that would plug into the video out on your device. I do not have a 07 with nav, so I'm not sure if the factory NAV supports auxillary video inputs. The factory NAV's video input is for the reverse camera that's mounted in the tailgate handle. The reverse camera on the 07's is only activated when the truck is in reverse so I'm not sure how you would activate the screen to display your input source. I swapped out my factory jbl head unit for a pioneer AVIC z1 and used the factory camera. The input wires from the overhead console were tapped and wired into the pioneer rca input.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey Cchang52 - when you swapped headunits, were you able to purchase an aftermarket face plate for the new Tundra that matched the dash?

I am looking for one but so far, I can't find a supplier that has one available yet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Cchang52 - when you swapped headunits, were you able to purchase an aftermarket face plate for the new Tundra that matched the dash?

I am looking for one but so far, I can't find a supplier that has one available yet.

Nope, my installer said they weren't available yet. He made a mold from the factory headunit, laid a trim plate in glass from the mold, then wrapped it with some vinyl. It should be noted that a receiver with high quality pre-amp outputs greatly increases the sound quality through the stock JBL amp and speakers. The stock sub really bangs nicely now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts