Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
My wife surprised me and told the dealership to add it to my CrewMax order. I currently have a "We Owe" waiting on the dealership to set the install date. I have an SR5 CrewMax and they are sourcing an exact color match. From my understanding, the company InVision has the Limited leather headrests in stcok, but not the fabric. I paid for a custom install, so we will see. I am suppose to get a call back tomorrw.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've got it in mine. It is a port install in gulf state region, a little pricey, but I've got 2 little ones and the truck had everything else I wanted. It is the one by InVision. You can play the same DVD on both screens, or watch separately. It inlcudes remotes and wireless headsets. You can also play over the speakers via an FM modulator, but I have not tried it yet. It is in no way (at least not mine) connected to the nav so there is no chance or seeing video on the front screen even if you stop put the bake on etc etc etc:rolleyes: . I may look at linking it up when someone comes out with a good hack for the DVD on the nav. I have not sat back there to really get an idea of how well it works, but it wasn't for me anyways. I have the leather interior, and while the head rests are not true leather, they do match nicely, and they come with matching covers so it doesn't look like you got 2 grand worth of stuff to steal in your truck.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I wonder if having the CrewMax rear seat all the way back makes the screen too small. I can't imagine the screens are that large. They are probably designed for regular rear seats.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wife surprised me and told the dealership to add it to my CrewMax order. I currently have a "We Owe" waiting on the dealership to set the install date. I have an SR5 CrewMax and they are sourcing an exact color match. From my understanding, the company InVision has the Limited leather headrests in stcok, but not the fabric. I paid for a custom install, so we will see. I am suppose to get a call back tomorrw.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Cool, keep us posted. I don't know if I will get SR5 or Limited yet so I may have the same issue. Would you mind telling us how much you paid?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got it in mine. It is a port install in gulf state region, a little pricey, but I've got 2 little ones and the truck had everything else I wanted. It is the one by InVision. You can play the same DVD on both screens, or watch separately. It inlcudes remotes and wireless headsets. You can also play over the speakers via an FM modulator, but I have not tried it yet. It is in no way (at least not mine) connected to the nav so there is no chance or seeing video on the front screen even if you stop put the bake on etc etc etc:rolleyes: . I may look at linking it up when someone comes out with a good hack for the DVD on the nav. I have not sat back there to really get an idea of how well it works, but it wasn't for me anyways. I have the leather interior, and while the head rests are not true leather, they do match nicely, and they come with matching covers so it doesn't look like you got 2 grand worth of stuff to steal in your truck.
I'm assuming, based on this statement that you paid $2k for the set? Whew! Would you happen to have any pics?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts

They are listed as port options in Gulf States and Southeast Toyota, and probably available in dealerships nationwide. Yes, it's listed at about $2K. It looks like this company only makes custom for dealers. It would seem to be a reasonable aftermarket device - order the right color and prong size and power/audio hookup. At two grand a set it's probably more lucrative as a dealer install. I still wonder whether 7 inches is big enough when viewed from a scooted back CrewMax rear seat.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

They are listed as port options in Gulf States and Southeast Toyota, and probably available in dealerships nationwide. Yes, it's listed at about $2K. It looks like this company only makes custom for dealers. It would seem to be a reasonable aftermarket device - order the right color and prong size and power/audio hookup. At two grand a set it's probably more lucrative as a dealer install. I still wonder whether 7 inches is big enough when viewed from a scooted back CrewMax rear seat.
Thanks, I did go to the invision site and see these but I was hoping TKIOUS could post a pic of them in the truck.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I am having them installed in my CrewMax. I can't think that 7" will be too small. Your face is only like 3' front the headrest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts