Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have heard this noise for quite a while now and at first I attributed it to my aggressive tires just making road noise and it always did it, but now I'm really not sure after so long I forget. It's maybe very slightly vibrating, but it's mostly smooth and as I drive I get this pulsing sound starting from low speed and gets faster until it's just a droning noise at highway speeds. I think if it was just the tires it would be constant, not a pulsing. And if it was my rear end or something why would it pulse either?

My best guess is my tire is ever so slightly off balance, or someone told me there's a bulge somewhere on it throwing it off slightly but not enough to vibrate it. Does this make sense? Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would go with tires too. Have you tried rotating the tires to see if anything changes.
Well I had a Eureka moment when I got home. I have an infrared thermometer and I pointed it at every hub and disc when I got home, and my rear drivers tire was a good 40f hotter. I think it's obvious I have a bad bearing! Thanks for the advice though.

·
Registered
936 Posts
You probably have a sticky parking brake........LUBE the heck out of the fulcrum where it goes from one cable and splits off to two cable under the truck drivers side about mid truck. Once it's free COVER everything with GREASE and again once a year before winter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts