Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 07 Camry VIN 4T1BE46K47U047072 thinking of purchasing it for my wife. We have driven the car twice and everything seems OK. I have tried to find a VIN directory, if such a thing even exists, that would tell me if that VIN is in the group that has experienced so much of the problems in the early days of the 07 Camry.

The dealer says all the early models that had the acceleration delays / transmission problems have been fixed. He says none of the Camry's sold at his dealership experienced any problems. He added it was just the first 100,000 or so that had the problems and the later models produced have been adjusted / repaired before they leave the factory.

This car was produced in Kentucky in June of 06. He can't or won't tell me if this vehicle is one of the original 100,000 produced. I'd appreciate any help or advice on how to research this if possible.

Thanks.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm looking at a 07 Camry VIN 4T1BE46K47U047072 thinking of purchasing it for my wife. We have driven the car twice and everything seems OK. I have tried to find a VIN directory, if such a thing even exists, that would tell me if that VIN is in the group that has experienced so much of the problems in the early days of the 07 Camry.

The dealer says all the early models that had the acceleration delays / transmission problems have been fixed. He says none of the Camry's sold at his dealership experienced any problems. He added it was just the first 100,000 or so that had the problems and the later models produced have been adjusted / repaired before they leave the factory.

This car was produced in Kentucky in June of 06. He can't or won't tell me if this vehicle is one of the original 100,000 produced. I'd appreciate any help or advice on how to research this if possible.

Thanks.
You don't say if it is an I4 or V6. Both of those vehicles (built in June area) have TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins) issued regarding drivability.

The I4 had a hesitation problem which is corrected by reflashing the ECU.

The V6 is a little more serious, A Flare (RPM increse) when the transmission shifts from 3rd to 4th (especially when cold. The first fix was a control valve and then it was transmission and torque converter replacement. Some owners are now satisifed, some still have a problem.

If you do not want to subscribe to this forums Knowledge database, use the search engine to look for TSB's for your particular engine. Also Toyotanation.com has an active board where some TSB's are published for free.

Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts