Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having my 5902 install on my 2010 Crewmax Platinum, when I unlock it the puddle lights on the side mirrors do not come on like they did with the factory alarm. Anyone had this issue or know how to correct it? I really liked them. Everything else works great.

·
Registered
35 Posts
After having my 5902 install on my 2010 Crewmax Platinum, when I unlock it the puddle lights on the side mirrors do not come on like they did with the factory alarm. Anyone had this issue or know how to correct it? I really liked them. Everything else works great.
Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. I also have a 2010 Platinum and looking into getting the 5902 as well. Do you mind telling me what you ended paying? Did u do any window roll ups and any additional sensors? Lastly did you get the mirror lights resolved?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I paid $450. I have a friend who works for a high end car audio shop who hooked me up.

I have the front windows set to roll up along with the sunroof. Didn't require anything extra just some wires as the Toyota has the equipment to do it. I will eventually add in the regulators to do the back three windows as well.

Still haven't figured out the puddle lamps yet. Haven't had anytime to do any research and tinker with it. Hopefully in the weeks to come.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also added the lock actuator to the tailgate and tied it to the alarm so if someone opens the tailgate the alarm goes off. Also ran wire and a pin for my bed cover that I will eventually have put on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We do alarm installations for Toyota dealerships and I have seen what you are talking about. The puddle lamps are controlled by the factory BCM and when your alarm installer added the alarm he probably hooked the alarm wires directly to the lock/unlock wires in the kick panel. We have just started to use a product from idatalink that controls the doorlocks and allows the installer to get all the door triggers as well as engine tach all through the factory CAN bus. I have not used it on this application yet but on my own 2007 camry it even retains the cars piezo siren to chirp when the doors are locked so I know its going through the CAN. You can give them a call and ask if this will solve the problem. I do know that the directed piece that is from trilogix is basically a immobilizer bypass and doesn't control the locks through the CAN, well atleast the last unit i used did not. The idata piece makes for a far cleaner installation as well as a huge time saver. We use them in conjunction with the Autopage C3RS730 or the 915 and they work great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any updated info or feedback on this? I just ordered the 5902 with some bells and whistles, would like to make it as easy as possible to retain the puddle lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts