Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the A-1250 dual DVD headrest system installed in my 08 Sequoia.
Everything was working great until one of the monitors had no picture.
The DVD plays in it on the other monitor and the audio is ok.
There is power to it but it's like it's stuck trying to come on.
I cant turn it on and off using the power button or remote.
I just have no video on it. This has happened me before and vizualogic replaced the set.
Am I doing something wrong here?
I wired it according to instructions except for the green parking brake wire which I did not connect.
Thanks.

·
Registered
379 Posts
you have to connect the parking brake wire to get picture... it has to think you're parked to turn on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you have to connect the parking brake wire to get picture... it has to think you're parked to turn on.

"NOTE: Parking Brake wire does not need to be connected for system to operate"............this is from the installation manual. Plus, I already had the system
working without the parking wire connected. These are rear headrest monitors.

Spoke to a tech at Visualogic and he seems to think it is a software problem with
the monitor. This will be the third monitor that has gone bad on me.

I was just wondering if anybody out there had the Vizualogics and if they had any problems with them. These are supposed to be high end but now Im not so sure. I spend $1300 on this system and it has been alot of hassle. Now Im considering returning the whole system (again!) and maybe replacing it with a Myron & Davis system.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nevermind... I was thinking it was a main unit with a remote overhead screen... somehow I missed the dual headrest part of the first post... oops! Sounds like the units are just not very good. Myron and Davis are very good units so that maybe the best way to kind of punt and start over.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, I returned the vizualogics and got a full refund.
Im now looking at the following options.
Toyota Sequoia Audiovox Dual DVD Headrest Video Players - eBay (item 350334909685 end time Apr-29-10 10:57:06 PDT)

This is from headrestvideo.com. its the latest touchscreen from Audiovox. Was wondering if anyone installed these. After lots of googling, cant find anyone else selling these except headrestvideo.com and the Audiovox website is a little overwhelming.

The other option is the Myron and Davis 7"
7" Myron and Davis replacement DVD headrest monitor system for 2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited
I dont really like the top loading cover on these but I do believe Myron and Davis are high end manufacturers.

Last, I like the look of the Rosen AV7500
2010 Toyota Venza - Rosen AV7500 on Vimeo

Anyone out there with any info/problems, Id be interested to know. Am trying to steer clear of Hong Kong ebay type systems.
Thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
It looks like all of those companies do a custom build process and that's why they are very expensive. The myron & davis units are fully motorized which is why they have the topload slot... but they are also very high quality.

I've never used the audiovox units but it looks like a similar process (custom build to match). The thing that concerns me about them is the "1 touch opening" which I think means you push the button to pop the screen and place the DVD on the spindle yourself... that setup is usually more prone to vibration problems (though I can't say it's "bad" from first hand experience).

Never have dealt with the Rosen at all though it looked a little more full featured with the USB inteface.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts