Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to order a set of the dual function drl/ blinker lights (white/ amber) but have the drl's and the bulbs have been available for pre order for months now. I will also be ordering the back up license plate kit, foot light leds strips, and was wondering what else everyone recommends adding to the interior exterior for the truck? I wish they sold kits for our tundra like they do for other vehicles.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
You're off to a good start. Make sure you get the resistors if you are installing the white/yellow DRLs or you'll end up with some hyperflashing.

Good luck !!!!

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
You're off to a good start.
I agree.:tu:

Make sure you get the resistors if you are installing the white/yellow DRLs or you'll end up with some hyperflashing.
Odd thing: I didn't have a problem with hyperflash with just the front signal bulbs installed. I ordered front and rear bulbs, but the rear ambers were delayed until today. Too eager to wait, I installed the white/amber bulbs to check 'em out and the signals flashed normally with no resistors installed.

I have the 92 LED versions of the switchbacks, maybe that's why?:confuseda:

I did order the resistors because I was sure I would need them if I was running LEDs both front and back. But now I think I'll see how they work without the resistors first.

No time to check today, but I'll try to post what I find out soon.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Too eager to wait, I installed the white/amber bulbs to check 'em out and the signals flashed normally with no resistors installed

I have the 92 LED versions of the switchbacks, maybe that's why?:confuseda:
Video please?:)

·
Registered
277 Posts
v led has a build they did on a tundra that lists every bulb they changed and part numbers. if i can find the link again i will post it

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Video please?:)

Well, definitely no more time for this today, but I did have a few minutes to confirm:

One stock filament bulb and one 92 LED bulb on a circuit (i.e. on the same side of the truck), front or rear = NO hyperflash.

LED bulbs installed both front and rear = hyperflash.

The other thing I thought of is that it may be the filament signal bulbs draw so much current on the high element that even with one LED bulb on the circuit there isn't enough drop to trigger the hyperflash. I know just enough to be dangerous, but not enough to answer this. Can anyone else?

Anyway, I can absolutely shoot video of this. But uploading it? :beatsme: I'm not saying I won't try, but you may have better luck in the lottery!

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
:focus:

I didn't mean to steer this away so I'll bump this back up for more input.

If you look around this forum you'll see people have been very happy with upgrading their dome and map lights. I have not done this yet but want to...

·
Registered
383 Posts
plug and play.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts