Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if these aftermarket parts void original warraties and extended warranties?

1.TRD cold air intake
2.Aftermarket exhaust system
3.revtek 2.5 lift kit
4.Aftermarket rims 20"
5.bigger off road tires
6.wheel spacers
7.Aftermarket head mounted DVD player from best buy
8.Aftermarket grill

I think the cold air intake would be ok cause its an option at the dealer.Maybe the exhaust to since they also provide a option for the TRD system.The lift kit and wheel and tires is the main question.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Does anybody know if these aftermarket parts void original warraties and extended warranties?

1.TRD cold air intake
3.revtek 2.5 lift kit
4.Aftermarket rims 20"
5.bigger off road tires
6.wheel spacers
8.Aftermarket grill

I think the cold air intake would be ok cause its an option at the dealer.Maybe the exhaust to since they also provide a option for the TRD system.The lift kit and wheel and tires is the main question.
Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. - Magnuson Moss Warranty Act

·
Registered
175 Posts
there is a grey area to that law though. like the wheel spacers could kill your wheel bearing, so they would not warranty those if they went out..things like that. i work at a dealership and i get people who lower their cars then complain about suspension squeeks, i tell em too bad, throw the stock springs back in and ill take a look at it. so just remember, what you change, you lose the warranty on.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Youre not going to like this. I called Toyota today and asked what was factory fill, and is there any problems with me changing over to synthetic?
Toyota's answer-factory fill is 0w-20 conventional,and don't change to synthetic until scheduled maintenance interval, or you will void warranty:cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Youre not going to like this. I called Toyota today and asked what was factory fill, and is there any problems with me changing over to synthetic?
Toyota's answer-factory fill is 0w-20 conventional,and don't change to synthetic until scheduled maintenance interval, or you will void warranty:cry: :cry: :cry:
HAHAHA your funny....spread your BS someplace else....TROLL!

·
Registered
209 Posts
HAHAHA your funny....spread your BS someplace else....TROLL!

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

Mr. Talbott, we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns.
Please be advised that '07 Tundra 5.7 liter engine is delivered with 0W-20 non-synthetic oil.
As per our Owner's Manual, we recommend either 5W-20 or 0W-20 oil grade viscosity.
We advise consistency regarding choice of synthetic or non-synthetic engine oil; i.e., stay with one type; we do not recommend switching back and forth.
Your feedback is appreciated. It is through comments such as yours that we are able to review and improve our products and services.
Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #200704060595. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Toyota Customer Experience BS TROLL THAT

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

Mr. Talbott, we appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns.
Please be advised that '07 Tundra 5.7 liter engine is delivered with 0W-20 non-synthetic oil.
As per our Owner's Manual, we recommend either 5W-20 or 0W-20 oil grade viscosity.
We advise consistency regarding choice of synthetic or non-synthetic engine oil; i.e., stay with one type; we do not recommend switching back and forth.
Your feedback is appreciated. It is through comments such as yours that we are able to review and improve our products and services.
Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #200704060595. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Toyota Customer Experience BS TROLL THAT
Your post before this one says that if you switch to synthetic before 5000 miles you run the chance of Toyota voiding your warranty....so go back and reread your post and your letter from Toyota.

Toyota is no different than the other automakers out there as far as there stance on conventional and synthetic. You can switch to synthetic ANYTIME you want but once you make the switch - you should stick with it and not go back. I know with my MINI which is made by BMW along with there M3's, M5's, Z4's and so on....they have synthetic oil straight from the factory and they do not recommend switching to conventional at anytime. BMW covers all of your maintenance anyway until your warranty is up so just put gas in it and enjoy.

I take back my troll comment for now....but get your facts straight and don't speak for Toyota.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Your post before this one says that if you switch to synthetic before 5000 miles you run the chance of Toyota voiding your warranty....so go back and reread your post and your letter from Toyota.

Toyota is no different than the other automakers out there as far as there stance on conventional and synthetic. You can switch to synthetic ANYTIME you want but once you make the switch - you should stick with it and not go back. I know with my MINI which is made by BMW along with there M3's, M5's, Z4's and so on....they have synthetic oil straight from the factory and they do not recommend switching to conventional at anytime. BMW covers all of your maintenance anyway until your warranty is up so just put gas in it and enjoy.

I take back my troll comment for now....but get your facts straight and don't speak for Toyota.
I also called them before I emailed them, they could not answer the factory fill question, but she read something off her screen that said basically if you switch to synthetic before scheduled maintenance interval you will void warranty-If you don't believe me call yourself-I believe this to be a forum for usable information to this community and the last thing I want is unusable information for myself-thus I would not provide any false information-It's not worth my time,and i don't speak for Toyota I'm providing the information they gave me. Got those facts??:)

·
Registered
935 Posts
It is illegal for any manufacturer to void any warranty for any reason. It is a legal contract.
Certain items may not be covered if an aftermarket accesory caused the failure.

1.TRD cold air intake
3.revtek 2.5 lift kit
4.Aftermarket rims 20"
5.bigger off road tires
6.wheel spacers
8.Aftermarket grill

·
Registered
528 Posts
I also called them before I emailed them, they could not answer the factory fill question, but she read something off her screen that said basically if you switch to synthetic before scheduled maintenance interval you will void warranty-If you don't believe me call yourself-I believe this to be a forum for usable information to this community and the last thing I want is unusable information for myself-thus I would not provide any false information-It's not worth my time,and i don't speak for Toyota I'm providing the information they gave me. Got those facts??:)
Way to back pedal as your story is ever changing. The owners manual clearly states that you can use any oil (conventional or synthetic) as long as it is 5w-20 or 0w-20 (5.7L) and meets the regulated standards set forth by a governing body (not in those exact words of course but you get what I mean).

You are correct on one item though...this forum is for usuable information BUT the information your are providing is FAR from being usable. Are you sure you didn't call the General or Fordmoco.? :D

Its still smells in here though...some of us know for sure what that smell is but for some reason its on the tip of my tongue but I cant spit out the word.....can someone help me please with this word or term??????

·
Registered
265 Posts

1.TRD cold air intake
3.revtek 2.5 lift kit
4.Aftermarket rims 20"
5.bigger off road tires
6.wheel spacers
8.Aftermarket grill

Go make a friend at the dealer and you won't have any problems. If that's not an option I would mainly worry about things such as front end squeaks, wheel bearings, cv shafts, and ball joints which can all be affected by leveling kits which usually alter the front end geometry of you're truck. They may gripe about the exhaust if you have a bunch of sensors start acting up, but most likely nothing to worry about. For Example if you're dash starts to squeak they can't say it's you're fault because you haven't altered it at all. It can get pretty complicated deciding what broke what, but unless you're dealer is jerk they will usually let you slide. MOD ON...:)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Way to back pedal as your story is ever changing. The owners manual clearly states that you can use any oil (conventional or synthetic) as long as it is 5w-20 or 0w-20 (5.7L) and meets the regulated standards set forth by a governing body (not in those exact words of course but you get what I mean).

You are correct on one item though...this forum is for usuable information BUT the information your are providing is FAR from being usable. Are you sure you didn't call the General or Fordmoco.? :D

Its still smells in here though...some of us know for sure what that smell is but for some reason its on the tip of my tongue but I cant spit out the word.....can someone help me please with this word or term??????
The only thing you smell is youre upper lip as like that picture you got by youre name! My story hasn't changed a bit, call tmc and ask yourself, some people are just hard heads and gotta learn everything in life the hard way, sound familiar?

·
Banned
888 Posts
The bottomline is still

THE DEALER MUST BE ABLE TO "PROVE" WITHOUT "DOUBT".
There is no "gray area" for their Personal Opinions.
THEY HAVE TO PROVE IT !!!
Haveing another ASE Certified opinion will cancel the other out.It isnt limited to brand specifics either.
Certified GM or Ford Testimonies will stand in a Court of Law against Toyota.

Granted many consumers arent much smarter then a goldfish and rightly deserve denile of warrenty claims.

:ts:

·
Registered
595 Posts
CooperS

I don't see any back pedaling, dbbltunman clearly stated in his first post that he called. His second he was posting to defend his positions after you called him a troll.

dbbbltunman

I have no reason to believe that the lady reading her ques from the computer screen told him he couldn't use synthetic oil and that it would void his warranty. She probably doesn't even know what synthetic oil is. The fact is all these companies dig in and take a defensive position to everything.

I have read the appropriate sections of the owner's manual. No where does it say you have to wait until a specified time (mileage) to change your oil and no where does it say not to use synthetic oil. In fact it says

" "Toyota Genuine Motor Oil" is used in your Toyota vehicle. Use Toyota approved "Toyota Genuine Motor Oil" or equivalent to satisfy the following grade and viscosity. Oil grade: ILSAC multigrade engine oil 5.7 L V8 (3UR-FE) engine SAE 5W-20 or 0W-20"

If you go to the dealer and order 0W-20 oil this is what you get. How can they void your warranty if you use genuine Toyota oil?

http://is.rely.net/1-52-76087-l-Rr0N1BAVLZj38bBJnHZyXg.jpg
http://is.rely.net/1-52-76088-l-1uDYLlTbJjWaS0WYfiZZUg.jpg

From the Mobil 1 website

Myth: You should break in your engine with conventional oil, then switch to a synthetic oil like Mobil 1.

Reality: You can start using Mobil 1® in new vehicles at any time, even in brand new vehicles. In fact, Mobil 1 is original equipment (it is installed at the factory) in:
  • Acura RDX
  • Aston Martin
  • Bentley Amage and Bentley GT
  • Cadillac CTS, CTS-V, XLR, XLR-V, SRX and STS and STS-V
  • Chevrolet Corvette C6 and Z06
  • Chevrolet SSR
  • Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS
  • Chrysler 300C SRT-8 and Crossfire SRT-6
  • Cobalt SS
  • Dodge Ram SRT-10
  • Dodge Charger SRT-8, Magnum, and Viper
  • Jeep Cherokee SRT-8
  • Mercedes-Benz AMG vehicles
  • Mercedes SLR
  • Mitsubishi EVO III
  • Pontiac GTO
  • All Porsche vehicles
  • Saturn Red Line
  • Viper SRT-10
One of the myths surrounding synthetic oils is that new engines require a break-in period with conventional oil. The fact is, current engine manufacturing technology does not require this break-in period. As indicated by the decisions of the engineers who design the high-performance cars listed above, Mobil 1 can be used starting the day you drive the car off the showroom floor.

Myth: Using Mobil 1 will void the warranty on my new car.

Reality: Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 Extended Performance will not void new car warranties, with the exception of the Mazda rotary engine (Mazda does not recommend any synthetic motor oil). Mobil 1 exceeds the API and ILSAC motor oil service requirements for all new vehicles, both import and domestic. If in doubt, always check your vehicle owner's manual or contact your vehicle's manufacturer.

Since most new car warranties call for shorter service intervals than those enabled by Mobil 1 Extended Performance, ExxonMobil recommends you follow the recommendations in your owner's manual while your car is under warranty.

From the front page of Mobil 1:

Mobil 1 chosen for all 2008 Cadillacs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts