Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at this kit and would like to know from someone who used it before. What it looks like to me other than the kit, I would need and upper and lower radiator hose, antifreeze to do a complete job.

:ts:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have asked the same question on another post and one person said that it was oem quality and that all of the parts were from manufacturers that supply Toyota with parts.

I wrote and they will also sell the hoses and tm tensioner that is not included in the kit. I don't know if they have the antifreeze. That would be a good question to ask them. The total cost of the kit with hoses and tensioner is around $326.00 with free shipping. It would be nice to get everything from one place with free shipping!

·
Supportive Supporter
1,144 Posts
I used this kit.......good stuff! :tu:
Here'a a link to a "how to" on the TB I did.
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/144996-gonna-change-the-t-belt-today/
There are a couple of other parts that should be changed (I used factory parts for these):
"O" rings on the thermostat housing,
The Timing belt tensioner
Theremostat
I also bougt a nice crank pulley holding tool that made it really easy to do the crank bolt.
If you have a FSM.....that's also a plus!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to their website the o-rings and thermostat is part of the kit. Looks like the only thing I forgot was the tensioner. I get the antifreeze from toyota.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts