Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this and am seeing alot on this topic. I just brought home a 2005 Sequoia and have major troubles with the VSC light coming on at highway speeds. I then have to coast on the highway till the throttle re-engages as the VSC has turned it off thinking I was in a skid. The dealer did a zero point cal. with no luck. The previous owner states he never had an issue with this, but it had full brakes and 2 new tires on the front before I picked it up from him. That is where the trouble seems to have started. So, now the dealer says his computer won't link into the sequoia on a test drive to get the error codes. I was driving with the mechanic, making the condition happen over and over on the highway. He made things 'normal' by disabling the full ABS system, and presto, no throttle disconnect would happen on the highway. They are now saying the computer indicates a several mile per hour difference in speed between the front new tires, and the back older tires, that may be throwing it off. Next is a $2000 new VSC module that they say may not work. Any help? I am really discouraged! I am having trouble finding the TSB's that apply to this.

·
Registered
218 Posts
So the problems only started after having the brakes and new tires installed?

Doubtful that the tires had anything to do with it. I picked up a 2001 Sequoia earlier this year and the person had all the service records for it. Her mechanic claimed the VSC lights were on due to the different tread wear on the tires. After swapping out all the tires, there was no change in the VSC light.

I suspect the problem I have with the VSC lights being on (no other lights on...ABS, Check Engine, etc.) is due to the front end axles being fixed and the mechanic not performing the ZPC. I have not had a chance to reset mine, only because I want to install some bushings and get an alignment before I do the ZPC.

Since the brakes were worked on, have you checked the brake fluid reservoir to see if the float is sticking or there might not be enough fluid in the reservoir?

Check around the web or here, and see if someone has the instructions to perform a ZPC without the Toyota Diagnostic Tool for your vehicle year, if you want to try to perform the test on your own.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Spinn. We will see if the two new tires to match the old ones help at all. ZPC was done, but I guess I will ask for another after the tires go on!
Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts